As a Retail Display Technician, you’ll be at the forefront of new product releases for consumer electronics and will be working with the nation’s leading technology brands in retailers nationwide. You will help drive the customer experience for these brands by installing, maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing Interactive Displays and Kiosks.
Want to learn more about this position? Watch a day in the life of a BDS Retail Display Tech here.
Our Retail Merchandising Display Tech will be conducting break-fix, installation, and ad-hoc maintenance work, in addition to general merchandising. Responsibilities include installing/building displays, end caps, fixturing, and maintenance of those displays, planogram resets, conducting break-fix repairs, and in-market training for other areas.
- Previous Merchandising or Retail experience preferred but not required
- Technically inclined
- Hunger to succeed and passion for learning
- Administrative capabilities
- Strong communication skills
- Critical thinking
- An Android or Apple mobile device for uploading photos and data upon completion of your assignments
- Flexible availability Monday – Friday with the ability to work early morning to midday and occasional weekends
- Must have a valid driver’s license and provide proof of motor vehicle insurance
- Must have the ability to drive on behalf of the Company, in compliance with Company guidelines; and have the ability to travel within a designated market
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Regularly stand, walk, bend over, reach overhead, crouch, kneel, balance, grasp, push or pull, talk and/or hear, and drive
- Regularly lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Climb a ladder more than 10ft. tall
- Occasionally travel via flight or other modes of transportation
BDS Marketing, LLC. (“BDS”) is an equal opportunity employer in every aspect of employment, including but not limited to; selection, training, development and promotion of the most qualified candidates and employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by state or local law. BDS is committed to equal employment opportunity in all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment that may not be covered in this statement. BDS is an at-will employer.
BDSmktg is an award-winning retail marketing and sales agency. With 35 years of experience guiding customers through the buying journey, they are experts at influencing purchase decisions for the world’s top brands. BDS offers fully integrated solutions that drive brand demand and sell-through: Research, Advocacy, Digital, Experiential, Readiness, and Environments. Founded in 1984, BDS is headquartered in Irvine, California with regional offices in New York City, New York; Chicago, Illinois; and Columbus, Ohio. BDS Marketing, LLC. is a division of BDS Solutions Group, LLC. For more information visit http://www.bdsmktg.com.