ACCOUNTABILITY AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sponsors Global BDB Sales and Operations Planning process to drive standardization of BDB global demand review, global new product launches and new activities, global supply and inventory management, integrated reconciliation and management business review processes. Chairs BDB Supply Chain portfolio management to execute global supply chain project ideas and initiatives.
- Owns BDB Forecast Accuracy improvement roadmap over the 3-year BDB Annual Strategic Review (ASR) through a clearly defined strategy to win, a strong deployment structure, and execution follow through.
- Drives BDB Backorder and Line Fill improvement over the 3-year ASR period through global supply reviews and long-term capacity planning aligned to global market demand.
- Develops and implements Global Inventory Management strategies through the 3-year ASR period for cash flow excellence.
- Finalizes BDB Plant volumes aligned to global market requirements and global inventory goals over the 3-year ASR period. He or she provides strategic insight during annual plant budget reviews and quarterly reforecasts to drive BDB Operations financial performance, cash flow excellence and capital forecasting.
- Champions BDB Supply Chain Change to Win program and synergy cost savings initiatives through the 3-year ASR period.
- Facilitates BDB SKU Rationalization program across global platforms and regions to improve BDB revenue generated per sku, and to simplify and standardize BDB sku portfolio.
- Partners with Global Tax organization to ensure tax model compliance for programs, such as APEX, Swiss 317, for improved global operating efficiencies and customer satisfaction.
- Designs, develops and implements BDB Supply Chain Business Process Excellence roadmap over the 3-year ASR period to strengthen global ERP systems utilization and drive best practice deployment for improved process efficiencies
- Partners with strategic suppliers to conduct business reviews that include supplier performance assessments, technology roadmaps, business growth strategies and supply market changes.
- Champions changes to global supply chain architecture such as, but not limited to, complex line transfers, site start-ups, site shutdowns, etc. to help BDB Operations achieve lowest landed cost for global BDB products. He or she partners very closely with global BDB Operations Leaders to ensure successful execution of architecture change projects on-time and under budget.
- Develops global supply chain talent for the future. Sponsors the roll-out of BDX Core Competency model across Global BDB supply chain organization, aligned with BDX Global Supply Chain objectives.
Sphere of Influence (liaison): The sphere of influence spans BDB site network, distribution centers and extended supplier network.
Platforms - Clinical, Research Reagent and Instrument, Single Cell Multi-Omics
Sites: San Jose, San Diego, Cayey PR, Tatabanya Hungary, Limerick Ireland, Tuas Singapore, Suzhou China
Financial impact: Impacts global BDB Cost of Sales financial performance, cash flow excellence, and capital forecasts.
People Management: This position has global people management responsibility and accountability.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum of 10 years' experience of supply chain & sourcing experience with increasing level of financial responsibility.
- Ability to interact, interface and make presentation to business president level.
- Good understanding of Operations Strategy aligned to BDX Business Strategy.
- Sound knowledge of ERP and SAP SCM systems.
- Proven negotiation skills.
- Must have strong and effective influencing skills and capable of gaining consensus.
- Should be able to effectively and efficiently navigate across the organization.
- Must be able to make the "tough choice" when confronted with complex decisions including people and demonstrate flexibility on resolving issues.
- Required BS / BA in business administration, engineering, logistics, operations management or related degree.
- Preferred Master's Degree in a related discipline. Preferred APICS or equivalent certification (either acquired or in process).