Reports directly to the Departmental Lead Business Unit Coordinator. Facilitates the daily activities related to the manufacture of components and/or finished product in the Department. Provides leadership and motivation to technical and hourly associates to achieve desired quality, quantity, service and cost standards through safe and proper utilization of materials and equipment.
- Provide Leadership in a facilitator roll to assigned technical and hourly associates to achieve departmental quality, quantity, service, cost and safety goals. Facilitate team meetings as required and participate in associate projects as a team member.
- Assures compliance to appropriate regulatory requirements. Initiates corrective activities when not in compliance and informs departmental Lead Business Unit Coordinator of noncompliance and proposed corrective activities.
- Instructs and Facilitates training of associates in the performance of their job in a safe and efficient manner, following prescribed procedures as detailed in the job description, VO’s, VS’s, VT’s, ECO’s, JSA’s and hazardous materials communication requirements.
- Recommends and/or initiates personnel activities such as selection, transfer, discharge, disciplinary actions and associates complaints in a fair, consistent and timely fashion so as to comply with company Human Resources policies.
- Recommends, initiates, or facilitates measures from Associates to improve production methods, equipment performance, product quality, changes in working condition and use of equipment so as to increase efficiency, improve quality and reduce waste.
- Coordinates weekly production schedules with Materials Control to assure timely issuance of work orders and materials necessary to maximize operating efficiencies and service levels. Analyzes work order variances. Coordinates with Accounting corrective activities to resolve material variances.
- Coordinates the departmental preventative maintenance program to assure equipment is properly maintained to minimize downtime and meet FDA, EPA, and OSHA requirements.
- Issues request and monitors completion of all service and repair work to be performed necessary to maintain safe, clean and efficient operation.
- Maintains a working set of VO’s, VS’s, VT’s, QA Specifications and ECO’s required to support the manufacture of components and finished goods under plant and FDA quality regulations. Maintains appropriate manufacturing documentation.
- Initiates and maintains accurate records and reports of daily production and waste, lot component and process inspection data sheets, inventory documents departmental associate contra charge sheets, Division Factory Work Order charges, associate status changes, levels of absence, disciplinary warnings and any other records necessary for the satisfactory performance of the operation.
- Must be available to work 8PM - 8AM on a 3-2-2-3 schedule.
- Required a BS or BA degree in technical or business related field.
- Minimum of 2 years supervisory experience, preferably in an industrial environment.
- Must have demonstrated leadership abilities; excellent organizational & critical thinking skills; high sense of urgency; strongly motivated; balanced perspective; and an effective communicator at all levels.
- Previous high speed manufacturing experience in a technical or lead role highly desirable.
- Experience in medical device manufacturing, and experience with Lean Manufacturing and SAP highly desirable
- Must display potential and desire to move to higher management levels within 3-5 years.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.