The Manager, Internal Communications, Associate Engagement & PR, will foster and support a culture that empowers associates with information about the business strategy and activities, increases access and approachability of leadership, facilitates associate recognition, promotes change management, manages the associate engagement committee and helps BD IDS participate in the local communities where we live and work. This person is also responsible for leading the PR efforts within IDS that support our clinical, workflow and product objectives that tell our story to multiple key stakeholders.Job Description
This position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Develop and implement the IDS internal communications strategy, tactical plan and calendar of communications.
- Develop and implement internal communications supporting the business platforms needs including, but not limited to, pre-launch support or launch countdowns, observance days for key disease states or new program development.
- Act as a consultant and strategic thought partner to senior leadership and business partners to understand business/audience needs and proactively shape internal communication.
- Understand the principles of change management and apply them to how, when and where communication occurs
- Liaise with HR to identify events, news, and opportunities to share with IDS associates.
- Utilize digital marketing platforms and VOA tools to measure success of communications and make targeted improvements
- Develop creative and effective communication methods to reach our diverse locations beyond the Sparks, MD office to include Franklin Lakes IDS team, and other IDS global offices.
- Develop a way to leverage social media tools to engage associates and enhance two-way communication.
- Develop strategies and tactics for IDS senior leadership to enhance communication with associates across the new organization while increasing their recognition with associates who may not know them.
- Lead IDS associate engagement team
- Collaborate with the marketing organization to develop PR programs to support product launches, observance days, partnerships and market shaping/KOL strategies.
- Utilize PR as a strategy for IDS to more broadly tell the our value story to customers and other key stakeholders
- Liaise with corporate PR as needed or appropriate
- Bachelor's degree in communications, public relations or journalism strongly preferred, with at least 8-10 yearsrelevant or comparable work experience.
- Ability to create and grow strong relationships with stakeholders across the organization.
- Experience overseeing the development of communication for diverse and hard to reach audiences.
- Proven ability to craft messages for targeted audience groups.
- Ability to interact effectively and comfortably with senior leaders.
- Demonstrated strong leadership, organizational and project management skills.
- Experience in social media and other marketing and communication technologies/tools.
- Skilled at identifying and leveraging new technologies to advance communication globally.
- Strong presentation, writing/positioning and editing skills.
- Experience in developing and executing PR strategies for a broad organization