Job Description Summary
The Procurement Planner performs the purchasing function as part of a Supply Chain Team and is accountable for raw material inventory levels for assigned commodities or product lines. The position supports and works closely with the Supply Planners and may also purchase spare parts or expense material. The Procurement Planner determines inventory parameters, manages purchase orders, communicates delivery schedules, expedites material, processes returns and resolves payment issues. The position is also responsible for communicating supplier performance problems (sourcing, delivery and quality) to the Commodity Managers.
· Determines and maintain inventory parameters.
· Converts MRP requirements to purchase orders.
· Maintains appropriate level of raw material inventory.
· Manages open purchase orders for raw materials, spare parts or expense purchases.
· Communicates delivery information to Supply Planners.
· Expedites material as required.
· Minimizes raw material shortages and resulting backorders.
· Processes material returns.
· Works with Invoice Processors to resolve payment issues.
· Informs Commodity Manager of critical supplier performance problems.
· Processes Engineering Revision Orders or Change Notifications.
· Maintains accurate master data in system (lead times, days supply, safety stock, etc)
· Initiate purchase part deviation waivers when needed.
· Review and disposition raw material excess and obsolete inventory
· Follow all GMP, regulatory and ISO guidelines including company policies and departmental procedures.
1. Knowledge of ERP and Microsoft Windows. Knowledge of integrated Supply Chain systems (SAP) preferred.
2. Solid analytical, planning, interpersonal, and oral/written communication skills.
3. Action oriented, dependable with excellent attention to detail and follow-up skills.
4. Good team building skills.
5. Knowledge of GMP and ISO requirements.
6. Ability to work independently under general supervision or guidance.
1. BS/BA in Business Administration, Logistics or related field preferred. Experience may substitute for a degree.
2. Certification (APICS, NAPM or ISM) preferred.
1. Minimum of 6 years Manufacturing, Planning/Procurement or Logistics experience without a bachelors degree.
2. Exposure with ERP systems. Knowledge of SAP, SCM preferred.
3. Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
3. Knowledge of FDA regulated environment
4. Knowledge of Lean and/or Six Sigma
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.
BD partners with organizations around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues. Our nearly 50,000 associates across 50 countries closely collaborate with customers and partners to help enhance patient outcomes, lower healthcare delivery costs, increase operational efficiencies and expand access to healthcare.
Our state-of-the-art facilities around the globe provide an environment that enables our highly talented and passionate workforce to be the best at their professions. We are always seeking great people to join our company on its journey to greatness.
ABOUT BECTON DICKINSON (BD):
One of the most highly respected Medical Technology Companies in the world, Becton Dickinson has been leading healthcare safety and technologies for more than a century. We are over 64,000 associates strong and growing!
At BD Becton, Dickinson & Co., you are one person making one big difference. You are a key member of a team that is an important part of a leading, purposeful company committed to advancing the world of health. No matter what role you play, you can be confident that you are improving lives, all over the world. And as you progress with us, your impact will only grow.
BD provides comprehensive total rewards benefits for all of its employees. Most benefits start on day 1 of your employment with BD.
· Competitive pay
· Up to 6 weeks of paid parental leave
· Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
· Education assistance
· Adoption assistance
· 401K plan with $.75 of every dollar matched up to 6% of compensation
· Basic life and AD&D provided
· Discounted home, auto, and pet insurance plans
· Paid holidays and vacation (pro-rated the first year based on actual start date)