· Home-based position with daily travel to customer sites in their assigned territory. The ideal candidate will reside in Seattle/Tacoma, WA. Road Warrior, but minimal overnight travel. Company vehicle provided.** Must have Valid Drivers License.
This Position Is Accountable For:
· Provides technical support to external customers to resolve issues regarding proprietary software and hardware and will be capable of fully supporting all products within their region.
· Responds to, evaluates and prioritizes assigned service orders, for assistance with hardware, software, networking, customer service and other computer-related technologies. Identifies the priority status of a service based on customer feedback and the nature of the problem.
· Performs reactive/proactive Preventive Maintenance as assigned.
· Handles problem recognition, isolation, resolution and follow-up for routine customer problems, escalating, more complex issues to advanced team members or department management.
· Responsible for the overall ownership of the service order, or will ensure proper escalation processes are followed.
· Interviews customers to gather information about problem and leads user through diagnostic procedures to determine source of error or cause of problem.
· Logs and tracks all service order activity in CRM, maintains history records and related problem documentation.
· Consults with advanced team members and their liaisons to understand software and hardware errors.
· Notifies appropriate internal personnel of issues at a particular account.
· Ensures customer satisfaction by responding to inquiries in a timely manner and coordinating customer service needs with other departments as required.
· Manages parts per the parts management policy and procedures
· Experience or Associates degree in Technology or Healthcare related field preferred.
· Must be flexible with shift coverage in a 24x7 environment.
· Prior 24x7 field customer service experience required.
· Strong customer service skills required.
· Military experience, a plus.
· Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license and meet BD's auto safety standards.
· Minimum 2 years PC experience; networking experience required.
· A+ certification preferred.
· Experience supporting automation equipment in a healthcare setting a plus.
· Excellent verbal and written customer service, telephone, troubleshooting and communication skills.
· Must be able to lift a minimum of 90 lbs. This position requires a considerable amount of pushing, pulling, stooping, bending and lifting.
· Must provide proof of, and maintain current immunizations and obtain additional immunizations appropriate for the facility which enables access to customer sites in order to perform essential job functions. Proofs must include: Hepatitis B, Influenza (current year), MMR (mumps, measles, rubella), Varicella (chicken pox), Annual TB/PPD (skin test), Tetanus/Diphtheria/Pertussis.
BD partners with organizations around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues. Our nearly 50,000 associates across 50 countries closely collaborate with customers and partners to help enhance patient outcomes, lower healthcare delivery costs, increase operational efficiencies and expand access to healthcare.
Our state-of-the-art facilities around the globe provide an environment that enables our highly talented and passionate workforce to be the best at their professions. We are always seeking great people to join our company on its journey to greatness.
ABOUT BECTON DICKINSON (BD):
One of the most highly respected Medical Technology Companies in the world, Becton Dickinson has been leading healthcare safety and technologies for more than a century. We are over 64,000 associates strong and growing!
At BD Becton, Dickinson & Co., you are one person making one big difference. You are a key member of a team that is an important part of a leading, purposeful company committed to advancing the world of health. No matter what role you play, you can be confident that you are improving lives, all over the world. And as you progress with us, your impact will only grow.
BD provides comprehensive total rewards benefits for all of its employees. Most benefits start on day 1 of your employment with BD.
· Competitive pay
· Up to 6 weeks of paid parental leave
· Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
· Education assistance
· Adoption assistance
· 401K plan with $.75 of every dollar matched up to 6% of compensation
· Basic life and AD&D provided
· Discounted home, auto, and pet insurance plans
· Paid holidays and vacation (pro-rated the first year based on actual start date)