Field Service Engineer
BD Memphis, TN
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Responsible for providing on-site support to BD customers that includes, but is not limited to support of installation, corrective maintenance, preventative maintenance, removals and other support needed; after hour phone support, Holiday and weekend on-site and phone support, as well as support of Marketing, exhibitions, and clinical trials.
Engineers will be expected to be committed to GMP, ISO, and Quality Standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Install and service instrumentation with minimum direct supervision, as requested, by the Service Center in accordance with current ISO (International Organization for Standardization) and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) standards.
- Provide follow-up service by calling customers who have recently been provided service. Ensure service was complete and satisfactory to the customers' needs.
- Properly maintain car stock inventory, test equipment, tools, and technical data.
- Complete service documentation, as required, by the position function or requested by System Support Engineering Manager in accordance with current GMP requirements.
- Display maturity and judgment in time management and expense control.
- Maintain expense levels within the established guidelines for field service travel and sites visits. Report quality control and other technical problems, in detail, to the Service Center and System Support Engineering Manager.
- Properly maintain and utilize company vehicle as outlined by current corporate fleet policy.
- Maintain company vehicle as prescribed by fleet vehicle contractor requirements, as well as maintain vehicle cleanliness and organization at all times.
- Must be flexible and meet travel needs based on the business needs
- Required to complete all administrative documentation required by the position in a timely basis.
- May be required to be available 24x7 via phone or pager and rotate in schedule of on-call status
- Actively supports areas of empowerment and continuously improves the team processes to create a more efficient work environment
The ideal candidate would be a Certified Biomedical Equipment Technician (CBET), possess an A.A.S. in Biomedical / Electronics Technology with at least 4 years of Biomedical experience. Individual must possess good communication and customer service skills, needs to be able to function with little supervision
- High School Diploma/GED is required.
- Associate's Degree in Electronics/Computers/Biomedical Engineering is desired.
- Must possess and maintain a valid state-issued driver's license and meet BD's auto safety standards.
- Requires a good working knowledge of electronics and electro-mechanical devices. Some robotics experience is a plus.
- Must have effective communication and customer service skills including technical writing and training.
- Must have effective interpersonal skills, organization/prioritization and administrative skills.
- Minimum 4 years of recent relevant field service experience in servicing complex electronics also required.
- Experience with medical devices and equipment, PCs/software/LIS/networking/database management knowledge is highly desirable.
- PC-based equipment and application software knowledge highly desirable.
- Must be able to lift up to 30lbs frequently and up to 70lbs infrequently
- Must be able to handle bending and stooping over a prolong period of time (up to 10 hours)
- Must be able to handle prolong standing (up to 10 hours per day)
- Must be able to push/pull materials up to 100lbs
- Must wear all PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) required by company guidelines
Must possess and maintain a valid state-issued driver's license and meet BD's auto safety standards.
Customer Focus: Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their respect
Problem Solving: Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
Time Management: Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates on his/her efforts on the more important priorities; gets more done in less time than others; can attend to a broad range of activities
Priority Setting: Spends his/her time and the time of others doing what’s important; quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus
Technical Learning: Picks up on technical things quickly; can learn new skills and knowledge; is good at learning new industry, company product or technical knowledge.
“Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.”
One of the most highly respected Medical Technology Companies in the world, Becton Dickinson has been leading healthcare safety and technologies for more than a century. We are over 64,000 associates strong and growing!
At BD Becton, Dickinson & Co., you are one person making one big difference. You are a key member of a team that is an important part of a leading, purposeful company committed to advancing the world of health. No matter what role you play, you can be confident that you are improving lives, all over the world. And as you progress with us, your impact will only grow.
BD provides comprehensive total rewards benefits for all of its employees. Most benefits start on day 1 of your employment with BD.
At BD, we strive to make healthcare a priority for our associates and their families.
We offer a variety of medical plans including a $0 paycheck cost option* (HSA Basic) if your salary is under $50,000.
Preventive care (annual wellness exam and immunizations) is covered at 100%.
Paired with a Health Savings Account (HSA), you’ll build up tax-advantaged savings for eligible out of pocket health care expenses, including in retirement.
Additionally, if your salary is under $50,000, BD also provides you with free accidental injury coverage for you and your covered dependents when you enroll in a medical plan option with HSA.
If you meet the eligibility and enrollment requirements, coverage begins on your date of hire or the date you become a benefits-eligible associate.
Ask your Recruiter for more information about BD’s available healthcare options.
*HSA Basic includes coverage for you and all eligible dependents
BDWhy Work Here?
Be a part of something bigger! Great team atmosphere, benefits day 1, generous paid time off!
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.