PURPOSE: Responsible for the Wastewater Treatment Plant daily operations, sampling, analysis, calibrations, housekeeping, sample paperwork, and simple maintenance.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process water system daily activities and checks. Includes filter changes, sensitization, and maintenance and PM procedures.
- Domestic water system daily activities and checks. Perform maintenance and PM procedures.
- Wastewater treatment plant daily operations, including sampling, analysis, calibrations, housekeeping, paperwork, maintenance and PM procedures.
- Computer data entry and trending.
- Chlorine system maintenance including cylinder changes, inspections, maintenance, and PM procedures.
- Maintenance of bar screen and sand beds, including required equipment maintenance and PM procedures.
- Must possess, or obtain, a minimum of a “B” biological wastewater license from the state of SC within 2 yrs.
- Storage area inspections at the 90-day area and the satellite areas. Storage point maintenance including container condition and labeling.
- Transfer of drums from satellite accumulation to 90-day storage area.
- Alcohol recovery system daily operation including adjustments, sampling, analysis and calculations, methanol additions, transfers, maintenance, and PM procedures.
- Methylene Chloride recovery system daily operation including adjustments, sampling, analysis, transfers, maintenance, and PM procedures.
- Containment inspections and maintenance; driveway maintenance near dumpsters; empty drum storage area maintenance.
- Storm water plan inspections and sampling.
- Bulk tank inspections.
- Occasional driving.
- Respond to emergency situations 24 hrs/day 7 days/wk.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Computer word processing and spreadsheets.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must hold a valid SC driver’s license.
- Must be able to become fork truck certified.
- Must have a mechanical aptitude with an ability to use hand and power tools. Ability to utilize technical manuals in daily activities. Ability to create purchase requisitions. Ability to perform mathematical calculations. Must be able to read, write, and speak in a clear and effective manner.
- Must have 3 to 5 years experience or equivalent background and education.
- Requires high level of attention to detail.
- Minimum of B Biological Waste Water Operator License from the State of South Carolina
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK REQUIREMENTS:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk; stand; reach with hands and arms; use hands or arms (to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls). The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds with the assistance of drum moving equipment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- The employee occasionally works in high places; in outside weather conditions and with toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- The Personal Protective Equipment required to perform this job safely includes safety glasses and appropriate shoes. The employee would occasionally use a face shield, hard hat, or ear plugs.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION/TRAINING/SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- 5+ years experience or equivalent background and education.
- A Biological Waste Water Operator License from the State of South Carolina
- Able to work a Sunday to Thursday schedule