Electro-Mechanical Technician, Canaan CT
ABOUT BECTON DICKINSON (BD):
One of the most highly respected Medical Technology Companies in the world, Becton Dickinson has been leading healthcare safety and technologies for more than a century. We are over 64,000 associates strong and growing!
At BD Becton, Dickinson & Co., you are one person making one big difference. You are a key member of a team that is an important part of a leading, purposeful company committed to advancing the world of health. No matter what role you play, you can be confident that you are improving lives, all over the world. And as you progress with us, your impact will only grow.
BD provides comprehensive total rewards benefits for all of its employees. Most benefits start on day 1 of your employment with BD.
o Competitive pay
o Up to 6 weeks of paid parental leave
o Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
o Education assistance
o Adoption assistance
o 401K plan with $.75 of every dollar matched up to 6% of compensation
o Basic life and AD&D provided
o Discounted home, auto, and pet insurance plans
o Paid holidays and vacation (pro-rated the first year based on actual start date)
- Summary/Purpose of Position
Identifies machine improvement opportunities and drives solutions of them. Diagnoses, troubleshoots, and repairs production equipment for electrical and mechanical issues for direct production support. Participates in department preventative maintenance work.
- Identify root-cause for recurring mechanical and electrical failures. With engineering team, implement solutions to eliminate these failures.
- Timely troubleshooting and repair of equipment in direct support of production. Demonstrating mechanical and electrical knowledge related to power transmission, pneumatics, control systems, drives, ac/dc motors, and PLC software. Collaboratively work with production personnel for opportunities of learning and teaching. Off shift support for equipment issues as required.
- Assist with predictive and preventive equipment maintenance for the department. Identify gaps in maintenance plans as part of failure root-cause analysis.
- Function professionally within a team environment for production, planning, and decision making.
- Communicate with production leadership for work status.
- Document work performed in a timely and detailed manner in work logs.
· High School Degree or GED
· Technical School degree preferred in Electro-mechanical subject area
· 2 Years’ experience or more Preferred