# Job Description SummaryThe Senior Internal Auditor position is created for auditors who have had experience in operational, financial auditing and SOX compliance management in the multi\-national manufacturing industry\. The Senior Internal Auditor should demonstrate strong communication, planning, administrative, technical, and audit investigative skills, as well as establishing and maintaining good relationships with location and team members\.
# Job Description
BD Internal Audit evaluates the adequacy and effectiveness of all worldwide internal control processes on a rotating basis considering significance and risk as a service to BD Management and its Board of Directors\. The Internal Audit process encompasses the following major activities:
- Evaluate the adequacy of the Company's system of internal controls to ensure the safeguarding and protection of assets from loss, reliability and integrity of financial information and compliance with policies, plans, procedures and applicable laws & regulations\.
- Support management in optimizing internal controls by appraising the economy and efficiency with which resources are employed\.
- Review processes and financial, operational and IT data to ascertain whether it is consistent with established objectives, goals, BD Policies and external regulatory requirements\.
The successful candidate must be willing to travel up to 35% of the time to domestic and international locations\. The position is ideal for someone looking to transition into a finance operational role in the business or at a regional/corporate level\.
Specific responsibilities for Senior Auditors:
- Conduct audits consistent with IIA and department policies; manage timely completion of audit including communication of status to Manager/Director/VP
- Identify and document financial statement exposures, operational/process issues, internal control deficiencies and opportunities for improvement
- Prepare agenda for the audit interim and closing meeting
- Document audit findings into audit report format as the audit progresses
- Adapt audit program and procedures as observations/new information is uncovered in the field
- B\.S\. in Finance or Accounting
- A minimum of 4\-6 years audit experience in a corporate environment \(manufacturing preferred\) or with a 3 \-5 years public accounting firm is required
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 35% of the time
- Proven experience leading and building teams through an audit engagement
- Understanding of audit methodology and use of various audit tools to facilitate the audit process
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite \(Word, Excel, PowerPoint\)
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Working knowledge of data analysis tools is a plus \(ACL, Qlikview, PowerBI\)
- Comfortable working and learning independently and as part of a team
- Understanding of Sarbanes Oxley requirements
- CIA and/or CPA/ACCA, CFE qualified or working towards a certification
# Additional Locations
# Work Shift
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.