# Job Description Summary
# Job Description
Coordinates and prioritizes receipt and processing of product through the sterilization process and maintains / monitors control of inventory\. Establishes priority of receipt and processing of product by interfacing with receiving personnel and Sterilization Team Leaders\. Acts as central contact for product status to and from other divisions\.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
Establishes priorities for unloading trailers, building loads and processing product\. Directs work activities of team members\. Using the Yard Tractor moves trailers as needed\. Coordinates processing special sterilization requests and contacting requestors of status\. Coordinates processing PQR product and contacting project team members of status\. Assists in tracking system Data Entry\. Inventory control by review of daily stock status\. Chemical receipt into Sterilization\. Those functions described in Sterilization Coordinator's job description\. Provides a point of communication between the following functional groups:
- QA Coordinators and Warehouse Spore Placers
- Weekday and weekend Warehouse Spore Placers
- Able to operate material handling equipment\.
- Able to apply policies and procedures to work situations and use judgment in selecting appropriate actions\. Significant deviations from established policies and procedures will be referred to the supervisor\.
- Able to prioritize tasks and workflow\. Planning will take into account assets \(time, equipment, and product\) available\.
- Knowledge of personal computers\.
- Knowledge of inventory control tools such as, inventory transaction journal, stock status, and computerized\-inventory system\.
- Knowledge of hazardous material standard, HM\-181\.
- Strong leadership and motivational skills required\.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent\.
- 2 to 4 years of experience operating material handling equipment and inventory management
- Minimum 2 years in a Team Lead Role
Must have good oral and written communication skills, to read and comprehend simple instructions in Basic English and write short correspondence / memos\. Must be able to effectively present information in one\-on\-one and small group situations to staff, internal customers and other employees within the organization\.
Must be able to perform basic mathematical computations and apply to various operational tasks\.
Must be a self\-starter\. Position requires good logic and reasoning ability\. Ability to define problems and find logical solutions\. Must evaluate and resolve daily issues by exercising sound judgement\.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job\. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel\. The employee is occasionally required to stand and reach with hands and arms and lift and/or move up to 30 pounds\. Employee is required to meet with other personnel in other areas of building\. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision\.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job\. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions\.
During the performance of this job, the employee may be in hot and humid locations, near moving mechanical parts, high places, risk of electrical shock, work with explosive gas, toxic and caustic chemicals, or experience loud noise \(maintenance shop, forklift equipment, and construction\)\. Must be willing work "off" hours, as required\. Additionally, must be able to work with minimal supervision\.
# Primary Work LocationUSA GA \- Madison
# Additional Locations
# Work ShiftUS BD 12 Hour Day Shift 5am\-530 pm \(United States of America\)
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.