# Job Description SummaryThe Production Technician, Sterile Products Lab is responsible for the assembly of quality products during customer order fulfillment efficiently, accurately, safely and on time\. Operates assembly equipment and in\-process instrumentation to manufacture medical devices in accordance to current Good Manufacturing Practices \(cGMP\), company policy and safety regulations\. Position requires direct supervision or oversight by a senior employee\.
# Job Description
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES including the following:
- Perform a variety of routine and complex duties in the configuration of finished product assembly for customer orders including:
- Performing in\-process tests
- Measuring and assaying finished product
- Assemble and package medical devices
- Operate radiation detection equipment
- Recording manufacturing data
- Stock and replenish supplies as necessary
- Follows established manufacturing procedures, inventory control procedures and Quality System Regulations
- Follow established Safety and Health Physics procedures and regulations
- Work as a team with other technicians to ensure downtimes are kept to a minimum and improve operational efficiencies
- Operate under direct supervision
- Inform Team Leader or Production Supervisor of any problems pertaining to production, parts, equipment or processes
- Perform other duties as needed within the facility
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily\. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required\. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions\.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Basic computer skills
- College degree
- Experience in a pharmaceutical or pharmacy related environment
- Experience in medical device manufacturing
- Experience in a production environment
- Experience handling small parts
- Experience handling low\-level radioactive materials
Ability to accurately understand and follow both oral and written instructions in English\.
Basic mathematical abilities of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division are required\.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in oral, written, or diagram form\. Ability to solve practical job\-related problems, or recognize the need to ask supervision for assistance\.
Handling of tweezers to pick up small parts
Physical ability to lift 50lbs from the floor to waste level
Able to reach around shielding to handle small parts
Adequate vision to be able to work with small parts
Work area is a lab setting containing radioactive materials
Shift work as necessary
# Primary Work LocationUSA IL \- Carol Stream
# Additional Locations
# Work Shift
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.