Hi, Greetings from BCForward, please send me updated resume to proceed further.
Job Title : Software Engineer / Application Developer
Location : Santa Ana, CA, 92707
Pay Rate: : $52.44/ hr on W2
First American Vacation Ownership Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of First American Financial Corporation, (NYSE: FAF), a multi-national business with billions of dollars in revenue, is currently seeking a talented Mid-level Application Developer who thrives on pushing the limits of technology, research and development for multiple enterprise-wide IT projects. Under general direction, the Application Developer participates in the design, development, coding, testing, debugging, and maintenance of software code for business applications. Responsible for middle-tier implementation and integration with backend databases. Works with technical staff to understand problems with software and develops specifications to resolve them. Participates in the development of software user manuals.
- Experience and solid understanding of various software engineering practices.
- Experience translating software requirements and experience with software design solutions.
- Designs, codes, unit test, debug, and document those programs.
- Customizes software based on research and customer needs.
- Prepare detailed specifications from which programs will be written, designed, coded, tested and debugged.
- May consult with users and develop business relationships and integrate activities with other IT departments to ensure successful implementation.
- Monitor and report to management on the status of project efforts, anticipating/identifying issues that inhibit the attainment of project goals and implementing corrective actions.
- Foster and maintain good relationships with customers and IT colleagues to meet expected customer service levels.
- Problem-solve and think laterally as part of a team, or individually, to meet the needs of the project.
- Competent to work on most phases of applications programming activities.
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Follows department processes and procedures and makes recommendations to these processes.
- Works under general supervision of more experienced team members and/or manager.
- Actively contributes to the results of a team and works towards achieving team goals and objectives.
- Uses expertise of more senior level team members and leverages additional resources to confirm solution or explore customized applications as a solution.
During COVID it will be a work from home situation. However, worker will be requred to work in office when normal operations resume. - Temp to Perm. Potential
Knowledge & Experience
- Fluent in multiple application development languages at an expert level
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming principles
- Experience with various computer platforms and application environments
- Experience with designing programs and applications
- Experience with developing multiple tiers of multi-tiered software applications
- Experience with secure development principles and practices
- Experience working in a deadline-oriented, estimate-driven environment is helpful
- 3+ years experience with T-SQL
- 2+ years with MVC, Web API, Web Services
- Experience with .NET Core is a plus
- Website setup and management using IIS is a plus
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and related development is a plus
In addition to the skills listed above, knowledge and experience with the following is a plus:
- Live audio and video streaming
- Video streaming technologies for the web
- IP Camera & Object Detection
- HTML5, WebRTC, Angular.js/Angular 7/8, web socket
Other Preferred Experience
- Real time communication applications
- Live video streaming networks
- Video conferencing applications
- Synchronized media presentation systems
Other Preferred Skills
- Streaming protocols including RTMP, RTSP, HLS, Multicast
- Streaming servers/technologies such as Wowza, Flash, Windows Media Server, FFmpeg server, Azure Media Services, encoders/transcoders cloud or local
- Computer vision technologies such as OpenCV, Azure Media Service, etc.
- Microsoft SharePoint and Skype for Business
- Video conferencing systems such as Polycom, Cisco, etc. and their protocols
- Constantly updating personal, technical, and business knowledge and skills and mentoring others to increase the knowledge and skills of the team
- Strong organizational or Project Management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Typical Range of Experience
- Typically 2-5 years of directly related experience
- Experience working with distributed team is preferred
BCforward began as an IT business solutions and staffing firm. Founded in 1998, BCforward has grown with our customers’ needs into a full-service personnel solutions organization. BCforward’s headquarters are in Indianapolis, Indiana and also operates delivery centers in 17 locations in North America as well as Hyderabad, India and Puerto Rico. We are currently the largest consulting firm and largest MBE certified firm headquartered in Indiana. With 14+ years of uninterrupted growth, the addition of two brands (Stafforward and PMforward) and a team of more than 1400 resources our teams deliver services for multiple industries from both public and private sectors. BCforward’s team of dedicated staffing professionals has placed thousands of talented people over the past decade, with retention rates that are consistently higher than the industry average.