BCforward is currently seeking highly motivated Senior Big Data Engineer for an opportunity in Minneapolis, MN.
Title: Senior Big Data Engineer
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Visa: No constraints
My long-term client is looking for a contract Senior Big Data Engineer for contract. This is an industry leading company striving to innovate internally as well as for clients needs.
What Will You Do?
• Develop solutions related to Big Data, and Data Sciences from end-to-end (data ingestion to consumption)
• Develop and maintain scalable data pipelines that will ingest, transform, and distribute data streams and/or batches within the Hadoop and Microsoft Platforms
• Identify, design, and implement process improvements for automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability
• Self-motivated, self-directed with strong problem-solving skills
• Support and decommission legacy platforms
• Enable business strategy, lean processes, increased data velocity, & insights
• Embody a culture of continuous innovation and learning
• Adhere to programming/development standards and governance framework
• Collaborate with business, analytical teams, and data scientist to improve efficiency, increase the applicability of predictive models, and help translate ad-hoc analyses into scalable data delivery solutions
• Consult on data ingestion, data modeling, security and capabilities
• Manage the innovation cycle of conducting analyses, generating insights
• Assist with the selection and management of consultants and vendors
• Assist with the recruitment and development of talent
• Collaborate with DevOps team to integrate innovations and algorithms into a production system
• Support business decisions with ad hoc analysis as needed
• Work with the DevOps team to create and manage deployment workflows for all scripts and code using Microsoft Azure
What Experience Should You Have?
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related field.
• Experience in Big Data Engineering or Business Intelligence
· Data Integration
· Data Modeling
· ETL/ELT and SQL Development
• 3 + years of experience in Software Engineering
· Development Lifecycle
· Test Driven Development
• 1 + years’ experience with Apache Hadoop
· Data Ingestion
· HDFS Framework
· NoSQL Databases such as Hive, Spark
• 2 + years of experience with programming languages like Java, C++ or C#
· Object Oriented Design
• 2 + years of experience with Scripting languages
· Python 2.7 and/or 3
• 2 + years of experience with Linux/Unix operating systems and scripting
• Some Nice to Haves
• Master’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field
• 1 or more years of experience with C/C++
• Experience with Cloudera Data Platform including Impala
• NoSQL background such as MongoDB, HBase
• Experience with Search Engine tools such as Lucene and ElasticSearch
• Experience with open source Messaging/Streaming Ingestion Tools such as Apache Kafka, Apache NiFi, Apache Flume, Apache Sqoop
• Experience with Microsoft SSIS
• Experience with HANA, SAP, S4, BW
• Experience with IDEs such as Microsoft Visual Code, Eclipse and/or PyCharm
• Experience with Cloud Based Technology from AWS or Microsoft Azure
• Experience with version control using Git
• Experience with Agile Methodology using Scrum
• Knowledge of Data Science using python and R
BCforward began as an IT business solutions and staffing firm. Founded in 1998, BCforward has grown with our customers’ needs into a full service personnel solutions organization. Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, BCforward also operates numerous delivery centers across North America and India. We are currently the largest consulting firm and largest MBE certified firm in Indiana. Our uninterrupted growth has allowed BCforward to deliver uniquely configured IT staffing and project solutions for over years of catering to our customers’ specific needs. BCforward currently maintains a team of over 5000 global resources. With our additional brand, Stafforward, together we have the capabilities to deliver services for a variety of industries in both public and private sectors which allows us to address your most challenging needs.
This posting is not an offer of employment. All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States and willing cooperate with a background check and drug screen, to the extent permitted by federal and local laws up to, and including, both criminal and financial reviews. The submission of intentionally false or fraudulent information in response to this job posting shall render the applicant ineligible for the position. BCforward is an equal opportunity employer. Any subsequent offer of employment shall be considered employment at will regardless of the anticipated assignment duration.