Job Title: Material Handling Technician
Location: Indianapolis, IN 46256
Expected Duration: 5+ months contract
Shifts Available: 1st , 2nd , and 3rd shifts
- Pick items either by RF or voice picking. Pack, ship, receive and maintain inventory of product/raw material, and fulfil customer orders with emphasis on attention to detail. Examines, stocks, and distributes materials in inventory. Accurately pull and/or pack products for customer orders ensuring lot numbers, shipping temperature, address and ship methods are correct. May pick and pack in different temperature environments (ex: refrigerated, frozen, ambient)
- Receive all incoming materials storing at the correct temperature. Inspect and compare with packing lists, bills of lading, purchase orders and/or related documentation. Report discrepancies or damage goods. Document and label materials according to procedure.
- Performs administrative tasks related to products/materials such as coordinating shipments, preparing, reviewing, filling and maintaining customer orders, preparing shipping and receiving documents, and utilizing database to enter and maintain information related to products/materials.
- Identify issues involving logistics, customer orders, shipping and/or receiving areas.
- May operate material handling equipment as necessary including a forklift and man-up order picker.
- Follow the principles and applications of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and ISO 13485.
- Prior material handler experience is not required. Candidates' attitude, professionalism, eagerness, ability to quickly learn, and adaptiveness is much more important than experience.
- RF Scan gun
- Basic computer skills with competency using standard software packages (Word and Excel)
- Must be able to stand for 8 hours and lift up to 50 pounds
- Pallet jack
- Strong interpersonal skills, proactive, and the ability to work in a team environment
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good organizational skills, problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Be able to perform basic math calculations
- Thorough understanding of appropriate safety procedures
- Take pride in work
- Adaptable and eager to learn
- Team player
- Work with a sense of urgency
- Detail oriented
- Customer service focused
- Previous equipment training(pallet rider, forklift, order picker) a plus.