- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position: Machine operator
Location: Gastonia NC 28052
Pay rate: $15.27
· Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform primary responsibilities.
· Follow all safety rules and policies, promote a safe work environment, and report any safety violations / incidents immediately to supervision or management.
· Know the location and operation of Emergency Stops, Cables, Guards, and resets on the various parts of the line!
· Load correct paperboard into the correct position on the Back stand and thread the plies into the winder in the proper position and sequence.
· Using the control panel and with paper plies in the proper position, start the Winder (note: always have plies between Winding Belt and Winder Mandrel before tightening belt)
· When winder is started and forming parent tubes, the operator verifies, monitors, and adjusts the cut-off to meet the specification and sets up delivery of the parent tubes to the Recutter.
· Perform the following production tasks: Splicing, Lubrication, Restarting Winder after ply break, Ply Spread Adjustment, Tension, Glue Application- Perform and adjust for the following Quality Checks:
· Measure Parent Stick, Skiving, Inside Print, Gaps inside Tube, Gluing and Ply Spread, Printing (Color and pattern placement)
· Perform Quality Checks at start of shift, start of new order, color / pattern change, after splice or restart, document Quality Checks every hour.
· Clean machine, blow down and sweep area (last hour of shift) dispose of dust, used ink, glue, paper, trim, and plastic into the appropriate waste stream.
· Perform the following duties for the Printer; set up of printing plates, clean ink pans, set up for changes in color / printing pattern, clean and set up the plate rollers and antilock rolls and fill the ink pans with the correct color ink.
· Complete all paperwork for Production Data, Downtime and Waste- Preventative Maintenance Schedule Clean Glue Scrapes, rollers and panso Clean and Check Winder Mandrelo Clean and check Winding Belt – flip or replace as needed Clean Cut-Off, check bladeso Clean Printer- Other job / position related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or manager.
· Abilities are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the basic functions of the job.
· Ability to read and interpret gauges, ink colours and patterns, measuring devices (tape measure, calliper’s) and the ability to read instructions, complete batch documentation and quality checks in English- The ability to evaluate the quality of paper and glue.
· Mechanical / technical aptitude including the ability to utilize basic hand tools, measuring devices, machine control panels and pneumatic systems.
· Physical requirements including the ability to stand / walk for extended periods.
· The ability to bend, stoop, reach, climb ladders (less than 10 feet) and lift / carry / transport up to 50 pounds.
· The ability to manoeuvre paper rolls into position and to stack boxes onto pallets.
· The ability to discern colours, patterns and quality of printing / tube.
· The ability to work in a safe and effective manner in a team oriented environment.
BCforward began as an IT business solution and staffing firm. Founded in 1998, BCforward has grown with our customers’ needs inta full-service personnel solution’s organization. Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, BCforward alsoperates numerous delivery centers across North America and India. We are currently the largest consulting firm and largest MBE certified firm in Indiana. Our uninterrupted growth has allowed BCforward tdeliver uniquely configured IT staffing and project solutions for over the years of catering tour customers’ specific needs. BCforward currently maintains a team of over 5000 global resources. With our additional brand, Stafforward, together we have the capabilities to deliver services for a variety of industries in both public and private sectors which allows us to address your most challenging needs.
BCforwardWhy Work Here?
Strong leadership, lots of room for growth, limitless potential. Come join the wave!
About BCforward: BCforward began as an IT business solution and staffing firm. Founded in 1998, BCforward has grown with our customers’ needs into a full-service personnel solutions organization. Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, BCforward also operates numerous delivery centres across North America and India. We are currently the largest consulting firm and largest MBE certified firm in Indiana. Our uninterrupted growth has allowed BCforward to deliver uniquely configured IT staffing and project solutions for over years of catering to our customers’ specific needs. BCforward currently maintains a team of over 5000 global resources. With our additional brand, Stafforward, together we have the capabilities to deliver services for a variety of industries in both public and private sectors which allows us to address your most challenging needs.