BCforward, an IT consulting and staffing firm in Edina, Minnesota, has an opportunity for an experienced IT Project Manager to work on a consulting role with our client located in downtown Minneapolis. However, this is expected to be a remote assignment, with only an occasional trip to downtown for meetings. The details are still to be determined, but this project is expected to start in mid-December, 2019, and last for at least six months.
This is a remote position, although the selected candidate will be required to attend meetings in the downtown Minneapolis office. Prefer candidates local to the Twin Cities who can easily come to office from time to time.
- Manages digital and interactive projects from concept to completion, ensuring that projects are kept within allotted time frames and budgets.
- Responsible for identifying all assets and resources necessary to successfully meet client expectations, and developing and maintaining all project documentation, including project charters, budgets, project plans, issues logs and change orders.
- Other duties include: conducting internal project team meetings and client status meetings; ensuring that all project documentation is produced in the standard format and is approved prior to delivery to the client; and advising clients and senior management/executives on devising solutions for specific project issues and problems.
- A Bachelor’s degree and solid understanding of project management methodology, including the ability to identify and resolve issues, manage risk, develop detailed work plans and specifications, perform resource allocation and run team meetings, is required.
Expectations of the Role
The project manager will drive multiple work-streams to a larger program. The work-streams will be specific to business lines that are impacted by multiple system updates across the organization to implement a 6th day payment processing schedule (weekend). The project manager will be required to organize, facilitate, and track required business changes.
Other Skills/Experiences (5 or more years of each):
- Strong Written and Verbal Communications
- Experience delivering presentations
- MS Office experience (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Experience navigating through a large organization
- PMP Certification (preferred)
- Experience with Finance Policy and Procedures
- Experience managing Agile system development and implementation projects (highly preferred).