IT Director (Cyber Security)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Join BCforward's Information Technology team and you will help delivery value for internal clients through business enablement and innovative solutions. BCforward, LLP is a progressive, a fast-scaling company looking for a Director of Cyber Security to join their dynamic team.
POSITION PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES: The Director of Cyber Security leads the strategy and technical direction to ensure that BCforward 's environment remains secure, risk adverse, and scalable. This position will help lead the governance, operations, risk, and security departments to expand BCforward 's capabilities in these tenants.
In this role, the Director of Cyber Security will help oversee BCforward 's cybersecurity efforts. The candidate will be integral in maturing BCforward 's asset protection. This individual will work with the CIO to help establish and implement security standards for the organization. By being able to bring together secure design and technology driven approaches the architect will seek to align business strategy and security and governance frameworks, analyze the risk and vulnerabilities landscape, and take a security-by-design approach.
· Work with IT Management to develop short-term and long-term information technology and security design, including software, hardware and network design choices that are in line with BCforward's operational, financial and governance objectives.
· Integrate proactive cybersecurity practices within BCforward and lead development of the organization's cybersecurity strategy, i.e., oversee critical functions such as developing an incident response plan, GRC system and maintain business continuity plans in the event of a cybersecurity incident
· Standardize requisite documentation for information security and governance to continue to provide a holistic ITSM and asset management framework, adjusting the controls to account for new security intel and implanting multiple data feeds to monitor and stay current on IT trends
· Work directly with the CIO office to budget, capital and operational expenses that align to security and governance initiatives, gathering up yearly forecasts and actual budget spend
· Evaluate BCforward's organizational risk program and provide a standardized company-wide security guidance that can be applied across the business lines through oral and written documentation establishing a continuously improving security posture by managing risk.
· Using technology to provide a monitored and proactive environment, aligning resources, and managing first response upon potential breaches, and provide guidance on corrective action.
· Lead BCforward Risk Counsel through ownership of risk registry and alignment between business strategies and technology initiatives. Provide feedback and recommendations to close any gaps between the two, specifically between security and business operations. Proactively seek out executive understanding and decisions when necessary.
· Work alongside HR to develop and implement a robust cybersecurity training and testing program that incentivizes good security choices while identifying and correcting risky security behavior
· Lead BCforward certification/framework programs such as SOC 2, Type II efforts implementing systems and processes that align with the desired framework and by facilitating delivery of accurate and timely information delivery during audits by building the assurance/evidence into cybersecurity operations and governance activities including internal audit procedures
· Establish governance protocols for managing changes to the overall technology landscape by providing the operations team with continuous security control data, as well as coordinated annual gap assessments
Experience: The individual must have a strong background in information technology with a clear understanding of the challenges of information security. The person should have strong problem-solving abilities to identify and fix security risks. Must have excellent communication and presentation skills and be a team player who knows how to collaborate with other IT professionals to develop security solutions.
· Expertise in planning, budgeting, evaluation, and implementation of company-wide IT initiatives
· Strong technical background; has experience working at the intersection of new tech and legacy systems
· Demonstrative expertise in Information Assurance function (client or consulting side)
· Leader who has achieved superior results in relation to systems selection/implementation, high level program and project management, and IT security
· Experience in leading an organization to deliver solution architecture designs, monitoring, and governing their implementation and identifying continual improvement opportunities in alignment with human centered design principles
· Demonstrates a continuous improvement and growth mindset with a proven record of enterprise project oversight execution
· Ability to build relationships and consult with senior business and IT leaders; listen, synthesize, and build consensus; politically astute with superior judgment
· Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
· 3 plus years of experience implementing enterprise security solutions
· Research and evaluate new information technology tools and frameworks to make recommendations
· Flexibility to balance multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment
· Strong collaboration skills including the ability to facilitate discussions, communicate ideas, and garner buy-in for key initiatives.
· Provide business and technology analytical capabilities with an aptitude for presenting recommendations
· General knowledge of all facets of the common enterprise technology stack; security, DevOps, Application Development, infrastructure, ITSM, ITIL, etc.
REPORTING RESPONSIBILITY: This position reports to the CIO
Why work for BCforward:
Whether you are just starting out, looking to advance into management or searching for your next leadership role, BCforward offers an opportunity to grow with a diverse, people-focused, innovative company.
TechnologyView all jobs at BCforward
Get fresh Intern Cyber Security jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.