Customer Service Representative
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
BCforward is currently seeking for a highly motivated Customer Service Representative at Wichita, KS 67202
Role: Customer Service Representative
Location: Wichita, KS 67202
Expected Duration: 4 Months
- This role is responsible for transportation department duties including: carrier utilization/scheduling, cost and service reporting and communication with external and internal customers. Works with Sales and Supply Chain groups to acquire low cost distribution points. Responsible for day-to-day management of orders from an assigned set of plants and public warehouses. Includes building loads, monitoring of unrouted orders, coordinating ship and delivery dates, handling customer add-ons and broken or changed loads.
- 50% Tendering Loads/Problem resolution/Carrier utilization/LTL and/or load optimization.
- 20% Works within defined processes to determine root causes for noncompliance and
- recommend changes for improvement
- 15% Responsible for supporting and executing transportation strategy
- 10% Special projects and other duties as assigned
- 5% Manage metrics by maintaining supplier scorecard measures, value measurement tracking and monitoring carrier performance
- Bachelors Degree (preferably in business, logistics, transportation, supply chain management, or a related degree) OR 2 years Transportation Management or Supply Chain Management experience OR 5 years Transportation/Supply Chain experience
- Proficient using Microsoft Office, including Excel
- Independent problem solving and effective decision making skills
- Demonstrate ability to multitask in a fast paced office environment
- Demonstrated ability to perform under pressure in a fast-paced environment, including sound prioritization, sense of urgency, and multi-tasking
- Effective, clear, and professional communication skills
- Demonstrated strong client and customer focus
- Expert partnering with businesses to understand strategies/requirements and translating them into priority actions
- Advanced Degree (preferably in business, logistics, transportation, supply chain management, or a related degree)
- 2 years Transportation Management or Supply Chain Management experience
- Experience working in a Transportation Management System
- Understanding of FTL rate structures
- Negotiation skills and managing spot rates
- Carrier management experience
- Functional knowledge of SAP system
BCforward began as an IT business solution and staffing firm. Founded in 1998, BCforward has grown with our customers’ needs into a full-service personnel solutions organization. Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, BCforward also operates numerous delivery centres across North America and India. We are currently the largest consulting firm and largest MBE certified firm in Indiana. Our uninterrupted growth has allowed BCforward to deliver uniquely configured IT staffing and project solutions for over years of catering to our customers’ specific needs. BCforward currently maintains a team of over 5000 global resources. With our additional brand, Stafforward, together we have the capabilities to deliver services for a variety of industries in both public and private sectors which allows us to address your most challenging needs.
BusinessView all jobs at BCforward