Title: AZDES/DERS - Contracts Manager
Location: Phoenix, AZ 85015
Expected Duration: 6 months with extensions in 6-month intervals
The Contracts Manager position supervises and manages the Division of Employment and Rehabilitation Services (DERS) Contracts Unit who performs a variety of complex contract and procurement activities. The DERS Contracts Manager will oversee and direct contract actions through the complete contract lifecycle from development through termination. This position reports directly to the DERS Contracts Administrator and may advise various government officials and contractors concerning policies, reporting requirements, program status and progress, and other areas of mutual concern and interest. The DERS Contracts Unit manages the contracts for a variety of DERS programs including Child
Care, Rehabilitation Services, and Workforce Development. Contracts managed include direct service, managed service, professional service, consultation, and interagency/intergovernmental agreements.
The Contracts Manager will review and approve procurement assistance requests, scopes of work, and other fiscal & program specific documentation. The position requires a high level of attention to detail and organization to direct the unit's resources to meet contract timelines and Division requirements while ensuring that unit work goals, objectives, and performance standards are met.
The DERS Contracts Manager will work from a model of continuous improvement to identify areas for improvement that
directly impact the work output of the DERS Contracts Unit. The DERS Contracts Manager will mentor the DERS
Contracts Unit staff to ensure that their development goals are met and that they have the tools necessary to
accomplish their daily work. The DERS Contracts Manager must be comfortable with remote work and possess the skills
to manage remote employees in a virtual/telework environment.
• Contract lifecycle management
• Conflict resolution
• Procurement of goods and services
• State and Federal Procurement processes (Preferred)
• LEAN methodologies (Preferred)
• Technologically proficient
• Highly developed oral and written communications
• Excellent problem solving
• Organizational and multitasking to meet deadlines
• Project management
• Advanced Microsoft Access (Preferred)
• Learn and apply increasingly complex concepts, policies, and procedures.
• Learn new technologies and apply best practices to continuously improve the unit's work product.
• Resolve problems with minimal supervision.
• Learn and apply programmatic laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
• Set and manage workflow priorities.
• Manage subordinates with varying levels of work complexity.
BCforward began as an IT business solutions and staffing firm. Founded in 1998, BCforward has grown with our customers’ needs into a full-service personnel solutions organization. BCforward’s headquarters are in Indianapolis, Indiana and also operates delivery centers in 17 locations in North America as well as Hyderabad, India and Puerto Rico. We are currently the largest consulting firm and largest MBE certified firm headquartered in Indiana. With 14+ years of uninterrupted growth, the addition of two brands (Stafforward and PMforward) and a team of more than 1400 resources our teams deliver services for multiple industries from both public and private sectors. BCforward’s team of dedicated staffing professionals has placed thousands of talented people over the past decade, with retention rates that are consistently higher than the industry average.