Job Role: Civil Rights Case Analyst/ Investigator
Location: Indianapolis, IN 46204
Expected Duration: 6 Months Contract
Hours can be either 8-4:30 or 8:30- 5 pm
Incumbent reviews completed investigative summaries related to allegations of discriminatory practices in violation of the Civil Rights Act, gathers and analyzes documents relevant to the charge, edits the written summary of the investigation, & makes recommendations as to whether or not there is probable cause.
• Conduct legal review for completed REPACE and Employment investigations.
• Revise completed REPACE and Employment Notice of Findings.
• Conduct interviews of complainants, respondents and witnesses via phone, office interviews, or onsite interviews, using generally accepted investigative interviewing principles.
• Analyze gathered information, including interviews, comparative information & statistical information.
• Draft concise written articulation of violations (or non-violations) in a case analysis that includes relevant facts, observations, & conclusions gathered, using appropriate formatting as determined by supervisor.
• Submit a minimum of six (6) reviewed cases per month.
• Maintain and update appropriate case file records (chronology) consistently.
• Establish effective working relationships with coworkers, clients, and/ or the public by serving as a resource to educate and train others regarding Civil Rights Laws and the work of the ICRC.
• Thorough knowledge of and ability to interpret and apply the Indiana Civil Rights Law, Commission rules and regulations, court decisions falling within the area of Civil Rights.
• Specialized knowledge of the principles, practices, and the past and current trends of Civil Rights Field on a state and national level.
• Ability to secure and analyze data and testimony relevant to all areas covered by the Indiana Civil Rights law including employment, credit, public accommodation, and education.
• Ability to make recommendations to the director regarding disposition.
• Ability to understand legal concepts and to relate prior decisions to specific cases.
• Ability to communicate well, both orally and in writing
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Working knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office Suite
BCforward began as an IT business solutions and staffing firm. Founded in 1998, BCforward has grown with our customers’ needs into a full-service personnel solutions organization. BCforward’s headquarters are in Indianapolis, Indiana and also operates delivery centers in 17 locations in North America as well as Hyderabad, India and Puerto Rico. We are currently the largest consulting firm and largest MBE certified firm headquartered in Indiana. With 14+ years of uninterrupted growth, the addition of two brands (Stafforward and PMforward) and a team of more than 1400 resources our teams deliver services for multiple industries from both public and private sectors. BCforward’s team of dedicated staffing professionals has placed thousands of talented people over the past decade, with retention rates that are consistently higher than the industry average.