Location: 19 Staniford St, Boston, MA 02114
Expected Duration: 6 months Contract
Scope of Accountant Assignment
- The Accountant responsibilities could include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintain accounting records such as expense and revenue records, accounting journals, accounts payable records and accounts receivable records.
- Process and record invoices, receipt vouchers, cash receipt documents, expenditure refunds and other documents.
- Record and reconcile accounts on the Commonwealth’s Accounting System (MMARS) and monitor contract balances.
- Reconcile monthly statements to MMARS and comply with the Comptroller’s rules and regulations.
- Communicate with governmental agencies by telephone, correspondence, and e-mail.
- Use computer system to obtain information and produce accounting information, with special emphasis on the use of Excel
Tasks and Duties:
- Communicate with agency personnel, oversight agencies and vendors via telephone, written or in person to resolve accounting discrepancies, obtain statistical data, documentation, or various reports. Duties may include any of the following: billing, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and assistance with an Access database and Excel reports.
- Reconcile financial documents, record transactions, assist with preparation of financial statements and reports, maintain accounts and records such as encumbrance/payment logs.
- Aid staff to ensure compliance with agency laws, rules, and regulations; other duties as assigned or required by the Unit (i.e. typing, filing, faxing, drafting forms, memos, telephone coverage, etc.).
- Knowledge of principles and practices of accounting including terminology.
- Excellent quantitative skills and attention to detail are required
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel is also a prerequisite
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
BCforward began as an IT business solutions and staffing firm. Founded in 1998, BCforward has grown with our customers’ needs into a full-service personnel solutions organization. BCforward’s headquarters are in Indianapolis, Indiana and also operates delivery centers in 17 locations in North America as well as Hyderabad, India and Puerto Rico. We are currently the largest consulting firm and largest MBE certified firm headquartered in Indiana. With 14+ years of uninterrupted growth, the addition of two brands (Stafforward and PMforward) and a team of more than 1400 resources our teams deliver services for multiple industries from both public and private sectors. BCforward’s team of dedicated staffing professionals has placed thousands of talented people over the past decade, with retention rates that are consistently higher than the industry average.