Assistant Account Executive, BCW Direct Impact Practice (Washington DC)
- Expired: September 20, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
BCW is seeking to hire an Assistant Account Executive who will be responsible for supporting various teams and client workstreams within Direct Impact, BCW's Issue Advocacy and Grassroots practice. This position will be focused on the strategic planning, management and execution of grassroots campaigns that include earned media, specialty events, digital and social media, influencer outreach, coalition building, and issue advocacy. In addition, 25% of this role will be dedicated to administrative support for Direct Impacts CEO to include calendar management, booking travel and preparing expenses for submission to finance.
The ideal candidate will possess the professional traits of diplomacy, discretion, and foresight in addition to project management skills, attention to detail and demonstrated problem-solving success.
This is an opportunity to support Direct Impact's CEO while getting a hands-on view of the strategy, development and execution of communications campaigns for Fortune 100 clients.
Perks of working at BCW:
- Hybrid work environment that offers the flexibility and balance of working from home and going into the office
- Career growth opportunities through continued education, training & development courses, and BCW's Career Pathing program
- Employee Resource Groups that provide our employees the platform to network, build key leadership skills, gain greater visibility and access to senior leadership, have an impact at BCW and the outside community and accelerate their careers.
- Paid time off for vacation, sick and personal days, as well as Summer Fridays. Our Flexible Holiday Policy includes 9 paid holidays inclusive of Juneteenth and World Mental Health Day, with the option to swap out a company holiday for another personally significant day. We also offer paid time off for voting, jury duty, bereavement and school leave. In addition, our offices are closed for Winter Break between Christmas Eve and New Year's Day.
- 12 weeks paid Parental Leave to bond with your new child, also inclusive of adoption and foster care
- Wellness benefits including healthcare, vision, dental and pet insurance, as well as free virtual or in-person counselling for mental health.
- 401K Savings and Investment Plans
- Commuter benefits using pre-tax dollars per month to pay for eligible commuting & parking expenses
- WPP Employee Discount Program based on client roster
What is the work?
- Assist with administrative tasks such as scheduling, expenses and coordinating travel
- Support day-to-day client communications
- Support the project management deliverables of staff, local market field team partners, consultants, and vendors to ensure high-quality executions that exceed expectations
- Assist in crafting strategic grassroots campaigns designed to achieve clients' reputation, public affairs and/or marketing communications objectives.
- Launch and execute local market communications strategies across targeted local markets across the US
- Write proposals, strategy documents and client correspondence.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of the client(s), including their business and goals, as well as helping to identify opportunities and challenges for each client.
Experience that contributes to your success:
- Recent internships related to public relations and communications and/or educational background in public relations.
- Experience working in an agency and/or in-house corporate communications environment a plus
- Working knowledge and understanding of communications, public relations, and grassroots advocacy a plus
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Understanding of integrated earned, digital and social campaigns for unique audiences
- Desire to work in a diverse and inclusive organization as an active participant in culture initiatives, training opportunities and employee resource groups
About BCW (A WPP Agency):
What does it mean to be part of BCW and the WPP network? It means being a part of a global, multi-faceted, multi-talented creative engine, with access to countless places you can grow.
As the global communications agency built to #movepeople, BCW guides client partners to powerful, culturally relevant ideas, programs and messages that inspire their key stakeholders to think differently, feel deeply and act urgently.
BCW's commitment to moving people starts with our employees. Here you'll find ways to ignite your growth while doing meaningful work for exceptional clients in an environment that prioritizes your success, compels collaboration and celebrates learning. We're committed to moving our people forward in their careers and helping them grow as people and professionals.
We wholly believe that creating truly inclusive and innovative solutions is critical to our success, so Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (I.D.E.A.) are embedded into everything we do for our people, agency, clients and the communities we serve. We strongly encourage applications from talent across all dimensions of race/ethnicity and the LGBTQIA+, differently abled and veteran communities.
And while there is no one kind of BCW person, everyone at BCW has something in common: A mindset, a way of responding to challenges with openness, curiosity and a commitment to learning. BCW will feed that drive by rewarding courageous tenacity and nurturing your dynamic career.
For more information, visit www.bcw-global.com.
BCW is an Equal Opportunity Employer, EEO, AAE, MF/Disability/Vet, and we are proud of our diverse workforce.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from an employee's Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility.
BCW North America
Get fresh Assistant Account jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.