Export Supervisor - Remote
- Posted: over a month ago
- Coordinates and handles non-vessel operating common carrier (NVOCC) and indirect air carrier (IAC) operation.
- Efficient and timely clearance of shipments in accordance with appropriate government agencies.
- Accurate, timely preparation of shipping and banking documents for ocean/air exports.
- Follows up with customers regarding all shipments/deliveries; promptly and accurately resolves customer shipment problems.
- Provides advice to customers regarding overseas shipping, hazardous materials shipments, and certain commodities’ requirements.
- Prepares and submits relevant administrative functions in a timely and accurate manner, for example: shipping schedules; letters of credit; licenses; declarations; routing and transport for all export activities.
- Supervises and trains employees and assigns work to others.
- Stays up-to-date on U.S. export laws and regulation changes, as well as company policies and procedures.
- Timely and effective support to branch personnel.
- Directs and trains branch staff in expediting export correspondence, bid requests, and credit collections.
- Reviews shipping documents and routing details with a view towards appropriate export regulations (such as export licenses, customs declarations, commercial invoices, dangerous goods declarations and letters of credit)
- Expedites export arrangements and maintains current information on export tariffs, licenses, and restrictions.
- May perform other tasks as assigned including: facilitating insurance claims, filing reports, and preparing rate quotes.
- Manages/liaises with warehousing and distribution activities affected by export regulations and changes.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by management.
- Coordinates with sales personnel to ensure customer expectations are achieved and maintained.
- Reviews and analyzes reports on financial and export data elements for accuracy and compliance.
- IATA Dangerous Goods
- CFR49 Dangerous Goods
- CFR15 Export Regulations
- IAC Certification
- IMDG Dangerous Goods
- 5 years: Extensive knowledge of export and transportation laws
- 1 year: Training or Supervisory experience
- Cert. Export Specialist
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at BCS Placement