Customer Service Executive
- Posted: over a month ago
Role & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and communicate with shippers, truckers, carriers and overseas offices for processing export/import shipments, including arranging for cargo collection and inland transportation, booking, document preparation (bill of lading, billing invoice, certificate of origin, POD, DN and/or AES if applicable), forwarding, follow up with tracking and tracing as requested by clients, data quality compliance, problem identification/resolution where capable/authorized.
- Responsible to ensure quality of documents incl. match between data entry and documents, proof reading of commercial documents and BOL/AWB
- Immediately report operational irregularities to supervisor and direct manager if it cannot be resolved at desk levels
- Ensure instructions of temperature-sensitive, time-sensitive, OOG shipments handling is properly communicated from end-to-end.
- Work with operation, sales and control tower team on Account implementation, ensuring a smooth transition from sales to operation.
- Initiate and resolve any rate discrepancies, billing discrepancies to enforce compliance with SOW, MSA, RFQ, SLA and SOPs
- Monitor shipment profitability including validation of buying vs selling rates, reporting deviations to P/L (owners) if it’s not resolvable at desk level
- Handle and manage all customer contact at file level regarding exceptions
- Increasing customer service satisfaction and business share through proactive and regular customer contact
- 3+ years working experience in forwarding industry, solid knowledge of export/import process of The Americas region
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written are required.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Good planning, problem-solving and organization skills; ability to multitask and be a self-starter
- Must be detail-oriented, thorough, accurate and have the ability to efficiently solve problems with strong PC skills.
- Proficient in MS Office Applications
- With experiences handling clients in technology, semiconductor sectors would be a plus
- Candidates able to speak in Mandarin would be a plus.
BusinessView all jobs at BCS Placement