BCR Companies Gillette, WY
- Posted: 20 days ago
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
- Performs duties of a trained diesel mechanic looking to expand their knowledge by being involved in the inspecting, repairing, and
- maintaining of all equipment that is owned by the company to ensure availability for use on job sites.
- ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Determines vehicle condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests; identifying worn and damaged parts.
- Keeps equipment available for use by completing preventive maintenance schedules; installing component and part upgrades; controlling corrosion; completing winterization procedures.
- Corrects vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts, or systems.
- Maintains vehicle appearance by cleaning, washing, and inspecting.
- Maintains vehicle records by annotating services, repairs, and annual DOT inspections.
- Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock and verifying receipt.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading and understanding technical and regulation publications.
- Must meet CDL driver requirements
- High School diploma or GED.
- Diesel Engine repair training or equal experience.
- Must be certified to perform annual DOT inspections.
- Willing to submit to a pre-employment, criminal and driving background review.
- Willing to submit to a pre-employment drug screening.
- Able to read, write and communicate (speak, hear and understand) English.
- Able to work outdoors in extreme all weather conditions (hot, cold, rain, snow, and sleet).
- Work a 40+ hour work week, with flexible hours as needed.
- Able to lift and carry up to 75 pounds with or without assistance.
- Possess a valid state-issued driver’s license.
- Able to use hands to perform activities involving holding, grasping, turning and pulling.
- Able to perform work on uneven surfaces, frequently climb ladders and on/off equipment, and work from various heights.
- Able to work in conditions that include loud noise and fumes, work on and around heavy and moving machinery, bend, walk, stand and sit for extended periods of time and use hand tools.
- Follow safety policies and procedures and wear the required personal protective equipment required for the job in a safe manner and conduct themselves in a professional manner at all time.
- Keep and maintain a clean and organized service truck if assigned.
- Must have own hand tools to preform all assigned job tasks.
- Must have and keep a professional working relationship with coworkers and management.
- Must understand and agree to company policies on attendance and all policies that the company has in place through the human resources department.
AutomotiveView all jobs at BCR Companies