Detection Engineer Jr.
BCMC Ashburn, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Detection Engineer Jr.
Active Secret Clearance Required
- Identify gaps in malicious activity detection capabilities
- Create new signatures / rules to improve detection of malicious activity
- Test and tune existing signatures / rules to ensure low rate of false positives
- Assist in playbook development for alert triage and Incident Response
- Define and implement alert and threat detection metrics, statistics, and analytics
- Recommend new tools/technologies to improve network visibility
- Support Incident Response and Forensic operations as required to include static/dynamic malware analysis and reverse engineering
- Author and maintain scripts for threat detection and automation
The Cyber Threat Detection Engineer SME shall have the following qualifications:
- In-depth knowledge of Firewalls/Proxies/Intrusion Detection Systems/ Domain Name Servers/DHCP/VPN and other network technologies and tools
- Experience updating, maintaining, and creating IDS variables within a complex enterprise network
- Expert in creating, modifying, tuning IDS signatures/SIEM Correlation Searches/yara rules and/or other detection signatures
- Familiarity with disk based forensic methodologies, Windows, and Linux forensic artifacts
- Experience with Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) tools such as Carbon Black, Tanium, Crowdstrike, etc
- Able to create, modify, update, and maintain Python and Powershell scripts that enhance endpoint detection capabilities
- In-depth knowledge of attacker tactics, techniques, and procedures
- Author, test, and maintain automation scripts within SOAR platform
- The candidate must currently possess a Secret Clearance. In addition to clearance requirement, all CBP personnel must have a current or be able to favorably pass a 5 year background investigation (BI).
- BS degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or related field and 8 years of prior relevant experience with a focus on cyber security or Masters with 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Should have 5 years of experience serving as a digital media analyst or as a computer forensic analyst.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction; self-starter/self-motivated
- Must have one of the following certifications:
- GCIH – Incident Handler
- GCFA – Forensic Analyst
- GCFE – Forensic Examiner
- GREM – Reverse Engineering Malware
- GISF – Security Fundamentals
- GXPN – Exploit Researcher and Advanced Penetration Tester
- OSCP (Certified Professional)
- OSCE (Certified Expert)
- OSWP (Wireless Professional)
- OSEE (Exploitation Expert)
- CCFP – Certified Cyber Forensics Professional
- CISSP – Certified Information Systems Security
- CHFI – Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator
- LPT – Licensed Penetration Tester
- ECSA – EC-Council Certified Security Analyst
- Windows Forensic Examinations – FTK WFE-FTK
- Computer Incident Responders Course - CIRC
- Windows Forensic Examination – EnCase – Counter Intelligence (CI) - WFE-E-CI
- Forensics and Intrusions in a Windows Environment -FIWE
Our Company Overview:
Business Computers Management Consulting Group, LLC (BCMC) is a small business specializing in Information Technology (IT), Cybersecurity, Information Assurance (IA), SOA, Big Data Management, Program Management, and more for Federal, State, and Local agencies. We possess highly skilled engineers, providing innovative solutions backed by strong past performances. We are ISO 9001:2015 certified and registered promising highest quality to all of our clients.
Extremely competitive salary
95% employer paid for employee medical, dental, & vision coverages
100% employer paid for employee life, STD & LTD disability coverages
401k with company match and profit sharing
Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for dependent & health care
10 standard holidays & 3 weeks of annual leave
Powered by JazzHR
EngineeringView all jobs at BCMC