Cybersecurity Engineer: Principal (S)
BCMC Sterling, VA
- Posted: over a month ago
Cyber Engineer: Senior
Secret Clearance Required
Looking for motivated individuals to support a long-term program for one of the country’s highest priority cyber initiatives. On this program you will have the opportunity to work with technical leaders in cyber, networking, computer science, and data analytics to develop the next generation of automated cyber defense platforms. Individuals in this role are responsible for implementing, deploying, and maintaining systems in a highly dynamic environment across a variety of hardware solutions and operational platforms. These capabilities are used to deploy large-scale cyber countermeasure capabilities to detect and prevent sophisticated threats and vulnerabilities on enterprise networks.
- Designs, develops, documents, analyzes, tests, integrates, debugs, conducts research and/or discovers and analyzes security flaws or vulnerabilities in software, networks, systems, and applications
- Leads or assists in identifying, prioritizing, and coordinating the protection of critical cybersecurity infrastructure and key resources
- Assesses system security to identify and mitigate risks and vulnerabilities
- Provides mitigation strategies for system security flaws or vulnerabilities
- Supports the configuration and administration of cyber security tools and systems
- Tests existing and new technologies for security vulnerabilities
- Reviews requested changes for equipment, technology and/or other factors/trends, which are planned for deployment in the customer space.
Basic Qualifications & Education:
- Minimum active Secret clearance required; eligible for DHS Suitability & must be able to obtain a TS/SCI. Candidate with active Top Secret or TS/SCI is highly desired.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical field and a minimum of 10 years of professional experience.
- Excellent understanding of cyber security technologies and concepts at both the local and enterprise level
- Significant experience in design and implementation of secure network and system solutions
- Strong leadership and communication skills. Able to lead teams and activities and also work as an individual contributor
- Experience with Incident Response (Forensics, Malware, Penetration/Vulnerability testing) and associated tools and technologies (e.g. IDS, SIEM)
- Experience and knowledge of networking (TCP/IP, topology, sockets and security), operating systems (Windows/Linux), and web technologies (Internet security)
- Experience establishing and maintaining good working relationships in all levels of the organization, including customers, organizations, internal management, and support
- Experience with standard security principles, policies, standards and industry best practices.
- Knowledge of U.S. Government Information Assurance policies, procedures, standards, guidelines, and objectives.
- Experience with four or more of the following:
- Security COTS integration
- Security Incident Event Management
- Insider Threat Monitoring
- Operating System Hardening
- Vulnerability Assessment testing
- Identification and Authentication schemes
- Public Key Infrastructure and Identity Management
- Cross Domain Solutions
- Computer Network Exploitation (CNE)
- Computer Network Operations (CNO)
- Malware Analysis
- Reverse Software Engineering
- Knowledge of Information Assurance and Information Operations technologies and development activities.
- Working knowledge of network protocols and common services such as DNS, FTP, email,
- Understanding of the processes and guidelines for Certifying & Accrediting (DCID, ICD, NIST 800-53, SANS 20) information systems based upon experience on a large-scale development program.
- Knowledge of software development and systems development lifecycle practices
- Practical experience hardening IT systems in compliance with STE/STIG guidelines
- Experience working with teams in an agile development environment
- DHS experience
Our Company Overview:
BCMC is an Information Technology (IT) engineering firm. We possess highly skilled engineers, providing innovative solutions backed by strong past performances.
Extremely competitive salary
95% employer paid for employee medical, dental, & vision coverage
100% employer paid for employee life, STD & LTD disability coverage
401k with company match and profit sharing
Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for dependent & health care
10 standard holidays & 3 weeks of annual leave
Powered by JazzHR
TechnologyView all jobs at BCMC