BCK Marketing leverages a wide array of event marketing activities to educate and provide access to affordable, physician-directed genetic testing to various target audiences within the Greater Chicago.
The Event Marketing Specialist, among other duties and responsibilities, will be wholly responsible for: developing an event schedule and providing end-to-end management for such events; identifying and creating unique event opportunities; negotiating partnerships; coordinating, staffing, and providing on-site support; working with a medical industry partner to support intake and qualification for testing; and post-event reporting against marketing goals.
The Event Marketing Specialist is a self-starter with a broad understanding of marketing communications best practices, brand credibility, and audience engagement. This position requires a diverse skillset that includes creativity, an attention to detail, strong organizational capabilities, and effective project management.
1) Develop a deep understanding of target audiences and how to engage them effectively;
2) Identify potential partners and sponsored event opportunities;
3) Plan and drive personal events calendar;
4) Measure, track and analyze program effectiveness to determine return on marketing investment and inform budget and resource priorities;
5) Administer mouth swabs on qualified patients and mail the samples to our lab daily.
6) Oversee event execution to ensure adherence to brand, HIPAA and other compliance requirements and guidelines.
1) Minimum 2 years in an event or field marketing role;
2) Experience building, managing, and scaling event programs;
3) Self-directed, able to create a plan, prioritize initiatives, and execute independently and in collaboration with others, to agreed/issued deadlines;
4) An experimental and creative mindset (relish the opportunity to try new things);
5) High-energy, outgoing, can-do personality, ability to prioritize and triage real-time demands that are a part of live event operations;
6) Excellent verbal and communication skills;
7) Medical industry background/experience a plus but not necessary;
8) Valid drivers license and proof of insurance;
9) Ability to sit, stand, and lift up to 15 pounds of supplies as needed to assist in set-up of healthcare events; and
10) Flexibility to work weekend events as part of event marketing schedule.
11) Retirees welcome and students welcome!
12) No degree needed!