Summary Under general supervision of a BCE Principal, performs a variety of engineering duties associated with the planning, analysis, design, and construction of various electrical systems, primarily for new construction and facility renovation projects.
Essential Functions Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Supporting multiple projects simultaneously through successful engineering, drafting and collaboration with all members of the project teams.
- Effectively communicating verbally and in written format to clients, advising on appropriate building systems, architectural and structural accommodations for systems, and clearly presenting the design alternatives and associated costs to the Client.
- Providing input for project direction and personnel assignments to the Principals.
- Applying standard engineering practices while researching and developing new methods and technology.
- Communicating relevant project information to other project engineers and Principals.
- Resolving project issues in a timely fashion.
- Performing Quality Control reviews for other project managers and Principals.
- Identifying positive opportunities for improvement and providing encouraging suggestions to others.
- Fulfilling electrical department responsibilities, providing technical leadership as well as contributing to department standards.
- Inspiring coworkers in a positive and constructive way to attain goals and pursue excellence.
Required Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree or higher level of education in Electrical Engineering
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in electrical engineering building design projects
- Or any equivalent combo of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Must have knowledge of and/or experience with the following:
- Design calculation and planning of lighting systems
- Line Voltage Electrical Power Systems
- NEC (NFPA 70) electrical standards and database design
- Must be proficient with AutoCAD and Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience with Revit highly preferred
- Capable of interacting professionally with clients and regulatory agents and working collaboratively with a team
- Authorization to work in the United States is required
- Technical Capacity.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Problem Solving/Analysis
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled/Women/Minorities
This full-time position offers competitive wages and an excellent benefits package, all in a fun, challenging, and collaborative work environment.
BCE is a 70-person, mechanical, electrical, and fire protection engineering firm located in Fife, Washington--just five minutes north of Tacoma. We have been in business for 30 years and specialize in the design of commercial buildings, K-12 schools, medical facilities, housing/mix-use projects, higher education campuses, military facilities, waterfront and upland utility design for wharves and piers, and lift station design for storm and sanitary sewer systems. We provide professional engineering services throughout the Pacific Northwest and beyond, having completed projects in 17 states and as far away as Africa.