Where will your career take you?
We're not just any travel management company.
We help clients travel smart and achieve more.
WORK FROM HOME POSITION ANYWHERE WITHIN THE U.S.
The Corporate Travel Consultant is responsible for accurately and efficiently handling incoming requests via multiple channels (i.e. phone, email, etc.).
The travel consultant is the primary point of contact for the customer and provides active travel consultation towards the business customers, including providing travel details and up-selling of related product.
This position demonstrates a strong understanding and applicability of all areas of responsibility. Works independently on requests. Provides assistance to team members as requested.
This position supports multiple accounts/clients
Sabre GDS skills required. The hours for this position are 9am - 6pm Pacific, M-F
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consistently chooses the correct BCD Travel tools and systems to complete requests
- Search and confirm travel reservations for the customer
- Understands and accurately applies client travel policy and requirements to each interaction
- Provide travel offers and general travel advice to travelers
- Responds to requests accurately and completely
- Understands and accurately applies travel supplier rules
- Maintains current knowledge of the state of the various travel industries supported
- Provides the customer with the required industry information, such as low fares, exchange costs and penalties
- Can fulfill all requests regarding necessary regulations (DOT, TSA, passports, visas, etc.)
- Supports BCD Travel and client driven initiatives
- Minimum of four (4) + years active Travel Consultant experience in the past 6 years.
- Strong domestic knowledge and basic international knowledge.
- Above average productivity level (subject to management assessment for off-the-phone projects).
- Achieve established office goals for measurable accuracy.
- Demonstrated professional customer service skills.
- Proficiency on Sabre GDS.
- Demonstrated internet research skills for customer information.
- Ability to work nights and weekends when needed or scheduled.
- Bachelor degree preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrated internet research skills for customer information
- Degree in tourism-related field
- Strong problem solving and/or critical thinking skills
- Flexible hours
- Dynamic work environment
- 13,000+ Employees
- 100+ Countries
- Work/life balance
- Freedom to grow
- Environmentally responsible
- Family atmosphere
- Voted top places to work for
BCD Travel helps companies make the most of what they spend on travel. We give travelers innovative tools that keep them safe and productive, and help them make good choices on the road. We partner with travel and procurement leaders to simplify the complexities of business travel, drive savings and satisfaction, and move whole companies toward their goals. In short, we help our clients travel smart and achieve more. We make this happen in 109 countries with almost 13,800 creative, committed and experienced people. And it's how we maintain the industry's most consistent client retention rate, with 2018 sales of US$27.1 billion.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled