Cloud Administrator (SysOps)
Black Canyon Consulting (BCC) is currently searching for a Cloud System Administrator (SysOps) to support our work at the Lister Hill National Center for Biomedical Communications at the National Library of Medicine (NLM), an institute of the National Institutes of Health. This opportunity is full-time with BCC and it is on-site in Bethesda, MD and/or remote.
The Lister Hill National Center for Biomedical Communications (LHC) in Bethesda, MD, which is part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), is seeking a Cloud system administrator to manage and support LHC AWS cloud infrastructure.
Summary job duties:
- Manage, deploy, and operate scalable, highly-availability (HA), fault-tolerant (FT) systems on cloud.
- Provide advice for selecting a cloud service based on the requirements of computing, data usage, and security.
- Utilize cloud best operation practices include but not limited to Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Elastic Computing Cloud (EC2) features.
- Administer overall cloud usage, identify service cost, and project service usage growth.
- Administer service migration from on-premises to the cloud.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrable skills on developing algorithms with advanced data structures
- C++ (min. 1 year professional development experience using C++17 and knowledgeable about C++20 specifications)
- Experienced using vcpkg with CMake
- Experienced using Git
- Python and pandas library
- Developed multithreaded Windows and Linux applications
- Experienced on unit, integration, and regression Testing
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Minimum four years of hands-on cloud administration experience.
- Experience in managing/operating infrastructure/platform/service on AWS.
- Hands-on experience in AWS CLI and SDKs/API tools.
- Understanding of network technologies related to AWS.
- Understanding of security concepts with hands-on experience in implementing security controls and compliance requirements.
- Experience in Linux system administration.
- Experience in shell scripting, Ruby, Perl and Python.
- Ability to provide effectively written work status report.
- Excellent organizing ability and time management skills. Flexibility to shift priority and manage a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent team skills, interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Cloud / AWS professional certificate.
- Experience with Assessment and Accreditation (A&A).
- Experience in Windows system administration.
- Experience in setup, configuration and maintenance of F5 load balance.
- Experience in GIT, GIT Lab, Nexus, Jenkins, Maven, JIRA, APPLOG.
- Experience with Puppet configuration management (CM).
- Understanding of CI/CD workflow and operations concepts.
- B.S. or higher degree in Computer Science or other equivalent science/engineering degree from a reputable college
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.