- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
· Prepare and estimate budget costs for construction by studying plans and specifications.
· Work closely with the purchasing department to get accurate vendor quotes.
· Resolves cost differences by analyzing project plans, takeoffs, vendor quotes and collecting other relevant info.
· Assist during the development of budgets, reports, and project plans.
· Develops bids for construction projects.
· Works closely with architects, project managers and other professionals.
· Navigates and understands building codes.
· Processes paperwork and travels to building sites as required.
· Monitors construction processes.
· Stays up to date with safety codes and improvements in construction.
· Assist Project Management Team with Buyout by completing Takeoffs, qualifying vendor estimates, etc.
· Develop and monitor buyout schedules and timelines for buyout based on the construction schedule and current market conditions
Construction Estimator Qualifications and Skills:
· Strong math skills including algebra, geometry, and basic arithmetic
· Ability to navigate specifications and plans
· Proficiency in demonstrating proposals and projects
· Ability to handle multiple assignments at once
· Knowledge of the latest building codes
· Close attention to detail
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Experience using Planswift, Bluebeam, or other takeoff and estimating software is a plus.
· Proficient using Microsoft Office Suite
· Experience using Microsoft Project is a plus
Education and Experience Requirements: (desired)
· A bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering architecture, or a similar field
· Certificate in general construction, roofing, electrician etc.
· At least 3 years of related experience is required
BCC Construction GroupWhy Work Here?
Awesome Team! Great Benefits And Influential Leadership
BCC CONSTRUCTION GROUP is a construction team of industry professionals who focus on renovations and new construction. By mastering evolving technology and continually improving our process, our leadership in the industry becomes stronger and highly regarded. We are setting new standards in development construction and design. The relationships we evolve exceed customer expectations consistently through an unparalleled commitment to excellence, integrity, and service. At BCC, we’re proud of our award-winning team specializing in a wide range of services from architectural design to tenant improvements to facility assessments and more. For over a quarter of a century our clients tell us we have, and continue to deliver, a best-in-breed culture of doing business in today’s economic and competitive environment.