Aon Hewitt has announced BCAA as a 2019 Platinum Level Best Employer!
What BCAA offers you:
- It’s not in our nature to brag but we are proud of some of our achievements that recognize great employee culture. Some of our latest awards include being a 2019 Platinum level Best Employer by AON and being recognized as a 2018 Outstanding Workplace by YWCA.
- Our team members get to make a difference in the lives of our Members and their communities every day.
- We pride ourselves in being open and transparent and in empowering our people to do great work while serving our Members.
- We enthusiastically support learning and advancement opportunities for our team members.
- We are an equal opportunity employer that’s committed to accessible, inclusive employment.
- Our Regular Full-Time & Part-Time+ (working 20 hours or more per week) status team members are eligible to participate in our amazing Total Rewards Program which offers: Extended Health and Dental, Vision Care, Life Insurance, RRSP matching with company contribution to your pension, access to Incentive Programs, Team Profit Sharing, Employee & Family Assistance Program and more.
- Team members at our Home Office also get to use our Shared EV (electric vehicle) Program, have access to our subsidized cafeteria and free fitness centre.
BCAA's Marketing Department has an opening for a Regular Full-Time Senior Manager, Community Impact. Come join our award-winning Marketing team and help make a difference in our community! Working with the Director of Community Engagement, the Sr. Manager of Community Impact will be responsible for leading and evolving the Community Impact and Events teams at BCAA and mentoring and fostering growth and development within the teams. The core focus of the Community Impact team at BCAA is to support BCAA’s commitment to protect and make a difference in the lives of British Columbians. The position of is instrumental in the overall strategic direction of Community Impact at BCAA by helping to plan and execute on existing programs and initiatives, as well as the development and execution of new ones. This role is constantly finding new and innovative ways to increase BCAA’s impact on communities in BC, in addition to aligning with the core master brand of BCAA. Currently, these initiatives fall into 3 main categories:
- Community Safety – BCAA Play Here, Neighborhood safety
- Road Safety – Car Seat Safety initiatives, School Safety Patrol, Public Service initiatives such as roadside worker safety, and cannabis and driving safety
- Giving Back – United Way Workplace campaigns, team volunteer events
The core focus of the Events team is the creation of the BCAA’s event strategy and the delivery of all events; from concept to execution. The role will be responsible for leading the delivery of select events, from large scale initiatives requiring significant planning and preparation to smaller impromptu activities with a focus on planning and operational excellence. BCAA’s Events team is actively involved in events that create engagement, trust and value for our Members, our staff and our communities. Currently, these events fall into four main areas:
- Enforcing BCAA’s 3 Pillars: Trust, Community and Savings through external Sponsorships & Events – Engaging market activations to support our existing sponsorships, partnerships and supporting marketing and community campaigns.
Envisioning Evo’s Event strategy, to deliver on grassroot + large scale events partnerships/sponsorships and collaborations to drive Member Acquisition and Loyalty in an fun and innovative way.
- Taking us to a higher level of business performance – Strategic planning events, internal recognition awards programs and events focused on performance updates and business achievement celebrations.
- Making BCAA a great place to work – Internal events that build a culture focused on fun, appreciation and positive team member interactions and connections.
Lead execution of BCAA’s Community Impact initiatives and Events (80%)
The Sr. Manager of Community Impact is primarily responsible for working with each respective team, as well
as with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the success of existing Community programs and events and work
towards the launch and implementation of new programs and events, all while developing the team. This role is a key
player at BCAA, which is responsible for the “heart” of the organization.
Works with the Director and leads the team that is responsible for owning all aspects of existing programs, as well as the thought leadership regarding future initiatives. Current initiatives and responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- The analysis of the day-to-day operations of existing programs, ensuring they are running as efficiently as possible and identify opportunities for improved processes and cost savings:
- Child Passenger Safety program (CPS): Works with team to plan and execute the program by ensuring all production and distribution of printed materials, coordinates workshops, administer phone line and email enquiry account, and other general day-to-day functions are executed at the highest level. ·
- School Safety Patrol (SSP): Support growth of the program, administer registrations, improve and create process for fulfilling orders, and developing and maintaining relationships with schools, districts, PACs and other relevant stakeholders.
- BCAA Play Here: Assists in the development and launch of the play space initiative, administering and monitoring nominations, votes, prize implementation.
- Involvement in leading, supporting and working with partners to:
- Engage the broad community in order to create improved and sustainable Community programs.
- Strengthen and broaden the network of relationships in communities across BC to understand the needs and opportunities that exist to make a difference.
- The management of multiple complex relationships, including community partners, vendors, advertising agencies, production companies, event management companies and other stakeholders
- The forecasting, budgeting and expense management of the programs · Identify regional marketing needs by working with regional stakeholders to identify and execute on community initiatives.
- With input and approval from Senior Leadership and CEO, guide the strategic direction of BCAA’s corporate events strategy ·
- Supporting and guiding the events team to ensure best possible practice when resourcing and delivery of effective and efficient seamless and successful events ·
- Oversee the negotiation of contracts for services
- Works closely with the senior and executive teams to define event goals, objectives and specific implementation plans that promote BCAA’s brand
- Partners with People & Development team to help define the cultural alignment of BCAA’s Corporate Event strategy
- Partners with the Rewards and Sponsorship teams to develop and execute Member focused activations as part of BCAA’s ongoing partnerships
- Determines when subcontractor services are required and recommends appropriate sourcing to Senior Leadership
- Negotiates agreements with outside providers and subcontractors to ensure lowest cost and highest quality of service
- With the Manager of events, continually thinks of ways to improve and brand the event experience and process
- Manage all required event materials (printed material, PowerPoint presentations, handouts, name tags, couriers, etc.) with business units
- Travels as required to inspect premises pre-event and is typically on site during event delivery
- Ongoing evaluation and adjustment of plan strategies and tactics as needed · Establish ongoing success metrics and measurement tools
- Setting the strategy for executing all Evo related events and B2B meetings, guiding the Manager Events to manage all external staffing for all BCAA and Evo events
- Oversight of 400+ events per year focused on Evo Member Acquisition
Oversight of Brand Ambassador teams
- Bachelors Degree required
- Minimum 5-7 years in a senior marketing, communications, business intelligence or community leadership position with accountability, for example, for:
- Leading, managing and inspiring a team o Short and long-term strategy development o Program design, development and implementation
- Spokesperson work an asset
- Advertising development and production (understanding of digital and social channels)
- Budgeting and financial management
- Operational experience (marketing, sales, product development) is an asset
- Previous experience in a Public Relations/Corporate Spokesperson capacity is an asset
- Previous experience in the strategic development of large corporate events an asset
- Other Skills: · Demonstrated ability to lead and think strategically
- History of achieving results with innovative and creative thinking
- Superior communication (written/verbal), presentation, and facilitation skills
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to build engaged, productive, and effective teams
- Strong collaboration skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead large scale projects that deliver measurable benefits
- Ability to make sound decisions and maintain professional decorum under pressure
- Strong networking skills
- Budgeting experience