Remote Healthcare Insurance Follow Up Representative
- Expired: August 31, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
REMOTE POSITION - Actively Hiring
Life is Short. Do Work that Matters.
Are you seeking an exciting opportunity to join a growing and dynamic team of professionals all while working from the comfort of your own home?
BCA Financial Services, Inc. is seeking detail-oriented full-time Insurance Collectors with knowledge of insurance codes such as ICD9, CPT, HCPCS, and revenue codes. Candidates with Medi-Cal experience is a plus in this role. This is a great career opportunity for a goal driven person with exceptional communication skills.
This is a Monday through Friday, full-time position with an 8-hour schedule between 8:00am - 6:00pm EST.
You must live in one of the following states to be eligible for a remote opportunity: FL, GA, NC, NE, MO, SC, TN, TX, and VA.
Life at BCA:
We have been in business for over 77 years with a proven track record of stability and continued growth. At BCA our people are our most valuable asset, therefore we work hard to make each member of our organization feel supported and encouraged to have a healthy work-life balance. We want all our people to live their best lives!
Here's some of the great benefits we offer:
- Work from home
- Monday through Friday work schedule
- Medical insurance
- GAP insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Voluntary Life insurance
- Additional supplemental insurance via AFLAC (Short-term disability, Accident Advantage Plan, Hospital Plan, etc.)
- 401k with a company match
- Paid time off
- Paid Holidays
- Comprehensive interactive training programs to keep your skills sharp and advance your career
The Insurance Follow Up Representative:
- Receive inbound and make outbound calls regarding insurance related matters and maintain clear and concise documentation of all attempts and/or contacts directly on the computerized collection system
- Research and analyze accounts by gathering records and examining historical data, using intuition and experience to compliment data with the goal of resolving obstacles to payment
- Verify insurance through a variety of mediums such as outbound phone calls and insurance websites to verify benefits
- Review assigned claims working within the established productivity standards for timely follow-up, maintain and update all accounts to reflect current information
- Perform appropriate account activity by contacting managed care, governmental and commercial insurance carriers to affect payment on claims
- Identify payor trends in payment delays and escalates issues to appropriate personnel
- Answer all inquiries from consumers promptly; attempt to resolve consumer concerns by inquiring as to specific issues and clarifying those issues
- Use relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with company and client expectations as well as all relevant local, state and federal regulations
Who we're looking for:
- Candidates with Medi-Cal experience a plus
- A team player with outstanding communication, negotiation, and customer service skills
- Someone with at least 2 years working in a healthcare revenue cycle environment with a concentration in the areas of insurance billing and collections
- Someone that has advanced knowledge of the healthcare insurance environment to include managed care, governmental and commercial insurance carriers as well as a myriad of reimbursement methodologies specific to provider contracts (fee schedule, per diems, percentage of total charges, etc.)
- Candidates that have experience of the various codes used when filing health insurance claims. This position will not affect coding changes to claims but rather will understand coding requirements and communicate need for amendment of codes to creditor clients
- Someone that has a wide range of medical terminology knowledge
Work from home requirements:
- Have a quiet and private workspace
- High speed internet with the ability to hardwire via ethernet from cable modem to your PC. Must be a sufficient speed to support video/web/audio and voice-over-IP (VoIP) (at least 20mbs download and 10mbs upload). Wi-Fi and hotspots are not supported.
- You must meet all the technical requirements prior to the first day of training
- You must live in one of the following states: FL, GA, MO, NE, NC, SC, TN, TX, or VA.
- We will provide you with the equipment needed to be successful
BCA Financial Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keyword Search: Medi-Cal, Cerner, Soarian, MS4, PBAR, insurance collections, accounts receivable, billing, patient accounts, medical, insurance, revenue cycle, patient financial, insurance verification, insurance follow up, medical billing, insurance billing, medical insurance billing, medical insurance claims, insurance claims resolution, insurance collector, claims follow upShare Apply Apply for this position Required * Apply with Indeed First Name* Last Name* Email Address* Phone* Address* Resume* We've received your resume. Click here to update it. Attach resume or Paste resume Attach resume as .pdf, .doc, .docx, .odt, .txt, or .rtf (limit 5MB) or Paste resume
Paste your resume here or Attach resume fileCover Letter Earliest start date? In 150 characters or fewer, tell us what makes you unique. Try to be creative and say something that will catch our eye! 150 Do you live in one of the following states: FL, GA, NC, NE, MO, SC, TN, TX, or VA?* -- No answer --YesNo Do you have a minimum of two (2) years experience working in a healthcare revenue cycle environment with a concentration in the areas of insurance billing and collections?* -- No answer --YesNo What is your desired hourly rate?* Did someone refer you to this position? If so, please indicate the name of the person who referred you. Human Check * I consent to be contacted over SMS/Text for this job. Submit Application
BCA Financial Services, Inc
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at BCA Financial Services, Inc
Get fresh Remote Customer Service Insurance jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.