Quality Assurance Analyst
BC Infrastructure Benefits Inc Vancouver, BC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
BCIB is the new provincial Crown Corporation responsible for implementing the Community Benefits Agreement (CBA) on select public infrastructure projects. The CBA prioritizes hiring of local, Indigenous, women, people with disabilities and other underrepresented groups and enables a culturally competent and respectful worksite. BCIB is committed to growing and mobilizing a safe, diverse, and skilled workforce and increase opportunities for apprenticeships.
Working within the IT team, the QA Analyst has an important role supporting the design, implementation, testing, and delivery of business applications. They must be technology literate and have some experience working closely with technical teams during the design, development, testing, and implementation of solutions. They must be comfortable working under pressure, be able to thrive in a dynamic environment where priorities change quickly, and exercise good judgement where there is a lack of clarity.
As part of a small team, the QA Analyst must be willing to take on additional work as needed, be a good team player, and be able to juggle multiple tasks in coordination with others.
The successful candidate is passionate about taking on new challenges and is willing to learn any new skills that are required to help them grow and succeed in this position. They enjoy having autonomy to cultivate innovative ways of problem solving in their job
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Support developers in defining use cases, acceptance tests, and acceptance criteria
- Prepare and run well structured test plans and test cases
- Encourage developers to think about failure points and missed use cases
- Assist developers with writing and preparing test scripts
- Work with developers to verify development work and assist end-users with User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Work closely with the business analyst to gather and refine business requirements as needed
- Conduct post-release/ post-implementation testing
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent teamwork, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Familiarity with software development process and lifecycle
- Familiarity with Agile methodology and SCRUM framework
- Experience working with Atlassian products (JIRA, and Confluence) is an advantage
- Familiarity with object-oriented programming languages
- Ability to translate informally worded requirements into testable units of work
Education and Experience
- Degree or diploma in computer science (or equivalent experience) is preferred
- Some experience and exposure to software methods and procedures
BCIB is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all those interested in the role to apply.
BCIB staff will review all applications received, but only those shortlisted will be contacted for a follow-up interview.
BC Infrastructure Benefits IncWhy Work Here?
BCIB is a new Crown Corporation, creating and building jobs, training and apprenticeship opportunities for workers in BC.