Shift: 8:00am-5:00pm M-F
Job Description: This position is a Secretary for the Salt Lake District Attorney's office.
Provides secretarial support to the Division’s programs. Performs highly responsible and confidential secretarial duties and administrative functions.
Two (2) years of clerical experience in a professional office setting (government office, clinic or physician office, court or legal office, etc.); OR an equivalent combination of related experience and education.
The following duties and responsibilities are intended to be representative of the work performed by the incumbent(s) in this position and are not all-inclusive. The omission of specific duties and responsibilities will not preclude it from the position.
Applicants must be prepared to demonstrate the ability to perform the essential functions of the job with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Creates, types, and distributes reports, correspondence, spreadsheets, marketing materials, payroll and financial reports and forms of a specialized nature. Proofreads all work for accuracy and neatness.
- Operates computers and performs data entry.
- Provides customer service over the phone and in person, responds to inquiries.
- Schedules and attends meetings for the purpose of recording the minutes, coordinating materials distribution, and/or supporting the needs of other attendees.
- Organizes and maintains files of records and correspondence, creates and generates reports/billings. May compile data from a variety of sources for the purpose of complying with financial, legal, and/or administrative requirements.
- Monitors program materials and supplies, ordering as needed and verifying the accuracy of supplies received.
- Maintains and archives program records according to policies and procedures.
- Assists Directors with correspondence, appointments, meeting preparation, travel arrangements, maintaining email and electronic calendars, and provides other administrative support as directed.
- Provides administrative support for the Economic Development (ED) and Redevelopment Agency (RDA) departments as directed, and serves as liaison between the CRD, ED, RDA, and other divisions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSA)
- MS Office applications such as Word, Excel, and Outlook
Skills and Abilities to:
- Prioritize tasks and manage time
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Provide excellent customer service
- Demonstrate a professional attitude
- Accurately organize and maintain files and documents
- Organize, record and transcribe meetings
- Type at least 50 wpm and operate a 10-key by touch
- Operate basic office equipment