Join a fast-growing metal recycling processor located in South Livermore! To meet our demand and service our clients, we will need to expand our talent. We would love to welcome anyone with passion and enthusiasm to join our dynamic, innovative and professional team. Willing to train.
Candidates must be available Monday to Friday, from 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM. The Logistics coordinator prepares documentation, maintains records, coordinates logistics for product shipments, and performs other duties that help streamline the daily business operations of an organization. Responsiveness to both clients and vendors is a must for the job.
• Selected freight provider based on company objectives with cost-effective method.
• Schedule and coordinate both Domestic and International freight forwarder/trucking transaction
• Communicate effectively and efficiently with the team, clients and vendors with shipment schedule
• Prepare freight documentation (Bill of Lading, Invoice, Letter of Credit, etc.) and maintain records
• Solve problems with ship-line, forwarders on any shipment issues (eg: roll over, late gate, etc.)
• Assist production supervisor on shipment arrangement and production schedules
• Coordinate with 3rd party logistic vendors for freight arrangements
• Communicate with clients, freight forwarders and agents to ensure correct, accurate and timely delivery
• Assist in logistics-related account payable & receivable, and resolve invoice discrepancies.
• Maintain knowledge of current international import/export regulatory requirements.
• Provide shipping/receiving activity report to upper management upon request
• Manage trading transactions: PO processing, Shipping doc preparation, Invoicing, Packing List and BL instruction process
• Processing all shipment paperwork in a timely manner both trading and warehouse sales
• Managing filing system
In addition to typical duties, may perform other assigned duties
Adaptability - Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment (e.g., people, processes, structure, or culture); adjusting effectively to change by exploring the benefits, trying new approaches, and collaborating with others to make the change successful.
Building Trusting Relationships - Using appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interacting with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one’s intentions.
Collaborating - Working cooperatively with others to help a team or work group achieve its goals.
Communication - Conveying information and ideas clearly and concisely to individuals or groups in an engaging manner that help them understand and retain the message; listening actively to others.
Continuous Learning - Actively identifying new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application.
Initiating Action - Taking prompt action to accomplish work goals; taking action to achieve results beyond what is required; being proactive.
Work Standards - Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
High School diploma or equivalent.
Effective organizational, planning and prioritization skills.
Proficient using MS Office applications (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel).
Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
Some college or related training.
Experience in the transportation industry
Bilingual in Chinese
Why Work Here?BBSI Staffing has over 250 clients in the SF Bay Area in a variety of industries. We are devoted to connecting our clients with great candidates, and introducing job seekers to a career that compliments their goals, background and experience. Our recruiting model empowers candidates to make meaningful connections on their career path, and our experienced staffing team is here to help you navigate the cumbersome world of job searching.
BBSI has a wide variety of great job opportunities in the Bay Area. Send us your resume and let's chat!