BBSI (Nasdaq) is experiencing a steady rate of growth and is looking for key employees to complement our existing teams. The HR Consultant role provides guidance and support to our business-owner clients and our internal team of experts. This person must demonstrate strong business acumen, and possess an entrepreneurial spirit with a genuine desire to proactively and consistently deliver results for our clients and internal teams.
The BBSI HR Consultant supports a multi-million dollar business unit that consults on a broad range of organizational issues. The primary objective of the HR Consultant is to provide guidance, training and support to clients in the areas of strategic human capital management, employment law compliance, benefits administration, employee relations, organization development, workers’ compensation administration and the overall development of best practices in human capital management.
This position reports to the Area Manager and works in partnership with other positions within the business unit, branch and corporate office.
- The ideal candidate will be results-focused, accountable, motivated and highly organized.
- Thorough understanding of human resources principles and practices, including employment laws and regulations. This includes self-directed maintenance on knowledge of current laws, events, industry trends and economic factors that may impact BBSI and its clients.
- Knowledge of HR metrics and ability to benchmark, measure, analyze and articulate the value and ROI of HR initiatives, practices and policies
- Demonstrated ability to write, develop and deliver successful presentations and facilitate trainings to individuals and groups at all levels of an organization
- Ability and willingness to enthusiastically “roll up sleeves” and perform administrative work
- Ability to become a trusted advisor to business owners
- Additional operations or business experience outside of HR
- Prior exposure to payroll processing, strong knowledge of wage and hour laws
- Extensive Microsoft Office experience
- SPHR or PHR strongly preferred
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and ability to use your own vehicle, proof of automobile insurance meeting BBSI coverage criteria
- Roughly 50% of time spent out of the office – primarily local – working with clients at their location
- Bachelor’s degree, advanced degree is a plus
- 10+ years’ experience in hands-on and strategic HR management
For individuals with these requirements, this position offers at a minimum:
· Generous base salary, profit sharing, 401k with employer match, and benefits
· Knowledge that you are working for a results oriented organization
· Opportunity to impact the success and growth of client companies and BBSI
· Gain experience working in multiple industries
If you meet the above requirements, we welcome the opportunity to learn more about you. For more information, visit us at www.barrettbusiness.com