Our client, a successful landscaping company is seeking an Enhancement Field Supervisor to coordinate the work of crews on a very large project or several smaller projects. They are primarily concerned with overseeing that the crews work skillfully and efficiently and that the assigned job progresses per schedule. They deal with the routine of material and equipment and with laying out the more difficult areas tasks of the job. They meet regularly with Account Managers, Sales Representatives, and Property Managers. They must have a broad working knowledge of landscape enhancement practices and must be able to perform all the positions being supervised. Additionally, they must run/manage each project including labor, material, equipment, and schedule so as to consistently performing within budget. The Enhancement Field Supervisor will embrace and display our company core values and must utilize all the resources available to them to consistently hit gross margin and profitability targets.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
● Direct and assist activities of workers including: project start up, material pick up, plant layout and identification, and clean up.
● Monitor project activities to in an efficient and cost effective manner.
● Irrigation repair & clock programming to ensure proper watering.
● Execute operating procedures and work standards that will ensure adequate performance and personnel safety.
● Schedule work for crews depending on priorities, crew, and equipment availability and weather conditions.
● Inspect completed work to ensure to ensure it meets specifications, standards, and contract requirements.
● Train and coach crew members as needed for consistent techniques.
● Manage labor costs to meet profit goals.
● Schedule crews as efficiently as possible for maximum machine utilization.
● Maintain and review most efficient routing schedule and review for hours.
● Respond to safety/injury issues using the company’s correct guidelines and process.
● Establish daily site visit schedules.
Knowledge, Qualifications, and Skills:
● Bi-Lingual is a must.
● Knowledge of smart controllers and irrigation systems to ensure proper watering.
● Supervisor experience: 2+ years managing 3 to 5 crews.
● Excellent knowledge of commercial landscape enhancements, commercial irrigation systems, and plant material throughout the Valley.
● Must have a high sense of urgency.
● Strong conflict resolution skills and excellent communication skills with both clients and staff.
● Valid driver’s license with good driving record.
● Has intermediate computer skills including logging on to systems, ability to communicate by email and utilize the internet and other digital resources.
● Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, correspondence and memos.
● Hours to Budget
● Quality Scores
● Number of Accidents
● Number of Call Backs
Head of Operations