Human Resources Generalist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Reporting to the Regional HR Director, the HR Generalist will provide support for a wide variety of activities in Human Resources including staffing, employment processing, compensation, benefits, administration of records, HRIS system, safety and health, worker's compensation, employee relations, compliance and labor relations. The primary responsibility of HR Generalist is to advise managers, supervisors, and administrators on HR related practices, provide information to employees about regulations and policies, and provide general HR support. They will support both the Manufacturing plant and Warehouse. The HR Generalist will perform a wide variety of both complex and routine administrative services.
The ideal candidate for this position will be flexible, resilient, and will thrive in a developing workspace. They should be energetic and passionate about the field of Human Resources. They must be able to manage multiple hands-on tasks and changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Execute HR administrative processes and services consistently at local/area level.
- Administer compensation and benefits systems, processes, and employee communications.
- Support key aspects of staffing and succession planning processes.
- Apply and administer HR process to ensure effective departmental coordination of those processes.
- Recommend, develop, and deliver training and development programs.
- Manage employee relations programs and processes.
- Ensure compliance with state and federal regulatory activities, including but not limited to Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), and Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA), and all applicable Oregon Leave of Absence (LOA) regulations.
- Provide research and statistical information to staff by collecting, preparing and analyzing the information for use in implementation of procedures and policies.
- Work to maintain positive employee relationships with all levels within the organization.
- Responsible for recruitment process that includes advertising (internally/externally), post, recruit, screen, coordinate and execute interviews and hire qualified candidates to maintain appropriate staffing levels. Maintain applicant and hire tracking.
- Prepare and maintain job documents, job evaluations, requisitions interview forms and offer letters among other recruitment forms.
- Process and coordinate background checks, drug screens and other applicable post-offer tasks.
- Conduct reference checks on potential new hires.
- Prepare offer letters, conduct new hire/rehire onboarding. Ensure employee files are created/maintained with all necessary documentation.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with universities, colleges, trade schools, employment agencies and other community partners to meet recruiting demands.
- Administer and process terminations, exit interviews, final check preparation and other off-boarding activities.
- Ensure timely completion of unemployment claims and appeals and attend hearings.
- Administer and explain benefit programs ensuring employee understanding. Work with Corporate office to resolve any claims/processing issues. Serve as liaison between insurance carriers and employees.
- Act as the primary HRIS system administrator. Ensure all promotions, transfers, adjustments, etc. are processed correctly and timely.
- Coordinate LOA administration. Work with Voya to coordinate and monitor all leaves.
- Receive and review employee complaints and ensure accurate and timely documentation of concerns or issues. Facilitate actions to document and resolve employee issues, escalating as needed to appropriate management team.
- Ensure all payroll practices are in accordance with the state and federal labor laws, including company policies.
- Work with HR Manager and Plant leadership on event planning.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma is required, Bachelor's degree in Business or related field is preferred.
- Three (3) years Human Resources experience is required.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish (speak, read and write) is required.
- SAP experience preferred.
- Excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Intermediate skill level with Microsoft Suites including, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word are required.
- Ability to work with sense of urgency in a fast-paced environment with multiple demands and maintain confidentiality is required.
- Ability to work alone on a broad variety of projects is required.
- Ability to exercise effective judgement, sensitivity, and creativity to changing needs and situations is required.
- Ability to establish and maintain healthy working relationships with people in course of work is required.
- Ability to research, evaluate and analyze new recruitment techniques, methods and procedures.
- High level of integrity and trust, with strong ethics and values is required.
- Proven track record with action orientation, timely decision making and ability to act with ambiguity is required.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Servicing hundreds of businesses in Washington State, BBSI has the expertise and experience to provide you with responsible, skilled and dedicated employees. BBSI provides complete staffing services in the areas of light industrial, production, manufacturing, clerical, administrative, accounting, and customer service. We are devoted to providing you with customer service that is unmatched in our industry. Because of our commitment to quality, BBSI has been one of California's premier staffing companies. Our friendly and professional staffing coordinators will make certain your company is completely satisfied with our services. With our experienced staff, we have proven methods on how to effectively market and maintain our services through experience, education, communication, and providing solutions to our customers' needs.
Our Talent Acquisition recruiters are both client and candidate advocates and walk side by side with both in order to make a successful placement.
Get fresh Regional HR Generalist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.