CNA swing shift full time
BBSI - Orem, UT Orem, UT
- Posted: over a month ago
- $13 to $16 Hourly
- Benefits: medical
Certified Nursing Assistant – Bellaview Assisted Living Job Description
Performs resident/patient care activities and related services necessary in caring for the
personal needs, safety, and comfort of residents/patients as assigned. Assists in providing a
positive physical, social, and psychological environment. Follows all policies and procedures.
1. Assists with resident/patient care needs and comforts including but not limited to:
· Assists or gives oral hygiene and mouth care.
· Assists with bathing functions and dressing/undressing as necessary.
· Assists with nail care, shaving and hair care.
· Assists with lifting, turning, positioning and transporting residents.
· Keeps residents/patients dry (i.e. change gown, clothing, linen, etc.) when he/she becomes soiled or wet.
· Assists resident/patient with bowel or bladder functions.
· Checks resident/patients frequently to assure that their personal care needs are being met.*
2. Assists with nursing functions as follows:
· Measures and records vital signs.
· Weights and measures residents/patients.
· Collects Specimens (i.e. urine, stool, sputum)
· Prepares and gives enemas.
· Care staff empty them catheters
· Performs diabetic urine testing.
· Turns bedfast residents/patients at least every two hours.
· Provides daily range of motion exercises.
· Assists with care of dying residents.
3. Performs food service functions including:
· Prepares resident/patients for meals (i.e. take to bathroom, wash hands, oral care, take to and from dining room, etc.)
· Serves food trays. Assists with feeding as indicated.
· Records the residents/patients food fluid intake.
· Serves between meal and bedtime snacks.
· Keeps resident’s/patient’s water pitchers clean and filled with fresh water on each shift.
· Performs after meal care (i.e. clean residents/patients hands, face, clothing, brush teeth, take to bathroom etc.)
· Notes and reports changes in resident/patient eating habits, especially those on diabetic diet.
4. Assists with keeping nursing and resident/patient care
· Area neat, sanitary and orderly.
5. Appropriately records and charges for supplies.
6. Participates in the Interdisciplinary Plan of Care process as assigned.
7. Follows work assignments and schedules.
8. Complies with laws and regulations applicable to position and acts in accordance with
Bellaview Assisted Living Compliance Program.
9. Attends and participates in in-service training and other meetings as scheduled and directed.
10. Treats all residents, visitors and staff with courtesy.
11. Assists in orientation and training of employees as assigned.
· Knows and follows facility rules.
· Demonstrates proper use of equipment. Reports equipment needs or repairs.
· Follows facility smoking policies.
· Reports and documents any incidents or accidents of residents, staff or visitors to the appropriate facility personnel.
· Performs duties, which may include transportation of residents, as assigned in Facility Disaster Plan.
· Uses required protective equipment.
· Follows infection control standards, policies and procedures.
· Reports all hazardous conditions/equipment to Supervisor.
13. Resident Rights
· Knows Resident Rights. Helps the residents/patients exercise and/or protect their rights.
· Reports resident/patient complaints to management.
· Maintains confidentiality of resident/patient information.
· Follows and adheres to policies and procedures implementing HIPPA requirements for the privacy and security of protected health information.
· Performs other duties as assigned and consistent with the level of preparation and experience.
· Works overtime, holiday and weekend hours as scheduled.
· EXPERIENCE: Prior experience in Assisted Living and Memory care facilities is a plus.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
· Ability to relate positively, effectively, and appropriately with residents/patients, families, community members, volunteers and other facility staff.
· Possess special interest in, and a positive attitude about, working with elderly/residents
· Able to read, write, speak and understand English.
· Meets all health requirements, as required by law.
· Demonstrates basic computer knowledge and ability with an aptitude to learn company applications.
BBSI - Orem, UTWhy Work Here?
Great company to work for.
BBSI started as a staffing company in 1972, and evolved into a Professional Employer Organization. Over time, we saw that we could make a much bigger impact for our clients by facilitating different conversations with business owners. Helping them see what they couldn’t see before is what drives us. So, we changed the way we do business. Today, we stand shoulder-to-shoulder with business owners and are relentless in our pursuit of their success.
1061 S 800 E Ste 100 Orem Utah 84097Orem, UT