Auction Operations Supervisor - No Auction Experience Necessary
BBSI Colorado Colorado Springs, CO
- Expired: 27 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Schur Success Group is looking to hire a Full-time Auction Operations Supervisor (AOS). This position is designed to ensure successful auction events through careful and efficient preparation and execution of assigned auctions. This position requires the ability to multi-task; be flexible; train, direct, and manage others; provide customer service; ensure data quality and operate within budget and schedule. Auction projects will be primarily located at off-site locations throughout the Front Range area and will require local travel. A valid driver’s license is a requirement.
The Primary functions of this position are:
Auction Project duties including (but not limited to):
· Estimate labor times and costs for auction set-up and execution
· Coordinate staff schedules with management
· Execute set-up, launch, pick up and removal within or ahead of budget and schedule
· Organize auction event sites for, and demonstrate/participate in the, efficient sorting, inventory, staging, and photographing of merchandise
· Audit and assure auction listing quality, accuracy, and completeness
· Prepare site for efficient removal of purchased items
· Train and prepare team members to work efficiently and professionally
· Coach and mentor team members to maintain standards and comply with processes and policy
· Provide positive feedback and correction to team members
· Ensure the safety of team members, clients, and guests at project sites
· Arrange for the security and safekeeping of client and project sites
· Handle regular communication with clients
· Work cooperatively with Marketing & Administration Director to provide auction timeline and key assets for promotion
· Provide various reports to management
· Participate in regularly scheduled planning and staff meetings
· Clean out properties, including trash removal, prior to and after auctions
Auction support duties including (but not limited to):
· Supervise on-site payment collection
· Light cleaning of workspaces
· Provide exemplary customer service, including but not limited to, answering questions, resolving complaints, customer follow up regarding payment, pick-up and shipping
· Package and ship customer purchases
· Handle asset intake and execute consignor contracts
· Occasionally complete firearms intake and transfer in accordance with applicable law and policy
· Related duties as necessary to support the company
Core requirements: The selected person must:
· Read, write, speak, and communicate clearly and fluently in English
· Comprehend and demonstrate proficiency in normal operating processes and functions as described above
· Be familiar with and proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
· Be proficient in the use of the Internet for research of products
· Represent the company in a professional, calm, friendly, and approachable manner
· Demonstrate a high degree of organizational ability
· Manage and maintain workload with little or no direct supervision
· Work cooperatively as a team member
· Have a valid driver’s license
Physical working environments will vary by client and project. Hours will generally be flexible within a Monday-Friday, 9-5 schedule, and will be scheduled by senior staff with input from AOS. Presenting a positive image of the company and team at all times is essential. Attire is usually business casual. Some uniform clothing will be provided. Local travel is required. There may be occasional after hours or weekend work required.
The AOS must be able to work for long periods in a variety of physical environments. This includes both indoor and outdoor settings, regardless of weather. On rare occasion, some client locations will not be clean nor sanitary. They must be able to perform data entry; read, write, and speak fluent English and often move and lift up to 40 lbs. The AOS must be able to climb up or down stairs, or up and down short ladders while carrying objects. The OAS must be able to reach overhead and bend over to mark or move objects. The AOS must be able to sit on the floor or stand for extended periods of time. The OAS must provide their own transportation to and from the office and to off-site assignments.
Drug Testing & Background Check:
Applicants may be required to submit to drug and alcohol testing prior to, and during their employment. Background checks, including driver’s records, will be conducted on all candidates before any job offer is made and may periodically be conducted during the course of employment. The Schur Success Group is a drug-free organization.
PTO + Paid Holidays
Our Talent Acquisition recruiters are both client and candidate advocates and walk side by side with both in order to make a successful placement.
BBSI started as a staffing company in 1972, and evolved into a Professional Employer Organization. Over time, we saw that we could make a much bigger impact for our clients by facilitating different conversations with business owners. Helping them see what they couldn’t see before is what drives us. So, we changed the way we do business. Today, we stand shoulder-to-shoulder with business owners and are relentless in our pursuit of their success.
AddressColorado Springs, CO