We are seeking a Deli Clerk to become an integral part of our team! You will be responsible for selling products, merchandise, and services in a retail setting in order to drive company revenue.
- Welcome and identify customer needs
- Explain products and services to customers, including answering any questions, introducing daily specials/products and offering suggestions
- Monitor inventory to ensure product is in stock
- Do prep work for platters, salads, grab & go’s, etc.
- Prepare platters when needed
- Stock cases with additional deli goods and merchandise needed on a continuous basis. Refill and rotate cases with fresh goods as needed
- Enter and process customer orders
- Investigate and resolve customer complaints
- Training will be provided for the above responsibilities
- Previous experience in sales, customer service, or other related fields is ideal but not required
- Enjoy working with the public and have a friendly, outgoing personality
- Ideal candidate is honest, dedicated to providing exceptional customer service and displays a positive attitude when interacting with customers and fellow employees
- Ability to speak clearly and convey information accurately
- Ability to build rapport with customers
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Capable of lifting up to 50 pounds, bending and twisting and standing for long periods of time
- Must be available to work weekends and some Holidays
In accordance with FLSA, DLLR, OSHA, state regulations about minor work permits for persons under 18 years of age, and age requirements to operate certain equipment, all applicants must be 18 years of age or older.