Accounting Analyst Intern
- Posted: over a month ago
Do you want to help our accounting department get out of spreadsheets and into the future? Then this is the position for you. BBP is seeking a qualified, self-motivated individual to join our accounting team as an intern. This person will join our team of CPAs, data scientists, and programmers who are building our modern accounting department. In this role, you will seek opportunities to use Python, SQL, and data analytics to add tremendous value to our organization. As the Accounting Automation Analyst, you will directly impact BBP's accounting department by revolutionizing processes through automation.
Duties and responsibilities
Your day-to-day tasks are likely to involve:
• Use leading automation tools like Python, SQL, and others to create solutions for our accounting processes
• Develop process improvements by creating and implementing necessary changes
• Work with a team lead by providing insight and developing solutions to improve job functions throughout the accounting team
• Assist the controller and CFO in implementing financial best practices and strategies
Pursing a Bachelor of Science Degree (or equivalent education) in an appropriate accounting discipline or business from a four-year accredited college or university.
• 1-year experience in a related field preferred
• Experience with Python, PowerBI, SQL a plus
• Superior Microsoft Excel skills
BBP provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
AddressBaton Rouge, LA
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at BBP Sales