Event Marketing Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
BBB National Programs is where businesses turn to enhance consumer trust and consumers are heard.
EVENT MARKETING MANAGERWHO WE ARE
We are a non-profit organization dedicated to fostering a more accountable and trustworthy marketplace. As the foremost thought leader on industry self-regulation, we are shaping the way that businesses and consumers interact with one another. We are the home to more than a dozen self-regulation programs that set high standards for businesses and provide third-party accountability and dispute resolution services that help ensure a fair marketplace for consumers. BBB National Programs has worked with industry leaders and government regulatory agencies since 1971 to establish the standards that guide best practices in advertising, privacy, children’s and teen’s marketing, consumer warranty issues, and dispute resolution.
ABOUT THE MARKETING + COMMUNICATIONS DEPARTMENT
The Marketing and Communications (MarCom) Department at BBB National Programs plays a vital role in supporting the organization’s operations and mission. MarCom is an agile, agency-like team responsible for the cohesive communication and promotion to external audiences of BBB National Programs and its more than a dozen self-regulatory, accountability, and dispute resolution programs.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Events, you will be responsible for leading promotion and marketing activities and for executing logistics with the events team for our virtual and in-person events. You will support multiple concurrent events that aid our advertising self-regulation, privacy, and dispute resolution programs in growing their audiences, expanding their reach, and furthering the impact of our mission-driven organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Expand the reach of BBB National Programs events through promoting attendance with marketing campaigns, including pre-event promotion and post-event nurture campaigns
- Develop and implement a plan to meet registration goals
- Develop and recommend various marketing lists for events
- Prepare all event communications, including emails and registration pages, using Hubspot and Zoom
- Develop and recommend metrics to measure the success of all initiatives
- Report on all event and marketing data post-events
- Manage and support multiple concurrent events, including virtual and onsite committee meetings, events, and conferences, such as the annual conferences for the Children’s Advertising Review Unit (CARU), National Advertising Division (NAD), Direct Selling Self-Regulatory Council (DSSRC) Summit
- Monitor and update an overall timeline and project plan for each event, assuring quality and timeliness of deliverables
- Track projected spend to ensure expenses are kept within established boundaries and assist with invoice reconciliation
- Manage events with virtual event platforms like Cvent, Zoom, and Vimeo
- Research vendor and restaurant options, prepare RFPs for vendor sourcing and gather vendor responses
- Execute critical event tasks, such as database administration, unique applications of virtual event software, and name badge and tent card creation
- Assist with logistics on event day for in-person and virtual events, including set-up/breakdown, registration, run of show, etc.
- Manage all sponsor-related communications
- Manage and respond to emails in the events inbox
- Effectively and professionally communicate with attorneys and various industry leaders surrounding their participation in events
- Manage the distribution of conference materials such as agenda, speaker assets, and learning materials to appropriate MarCom team members
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years of related work experience
- Experience managing and executing in-person and online events and meeting logistics
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Experience working with Hubspot or a similar email service provider (ESP)
- Ability to work well and collaborate within a team as well as individually
- Motivated self-starter that takes the initiative and anticipates the needs of others
- Ability to think quickly and efficiently when confronted with requests
- Ability to multi-task several projects at one time in a fast-paced environment
- Strong time management skills while executing duties with efficiency
- Detail oriented and proactive management approach
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Knowledgeable of new trends and practices in the meetings industry through professional organizations and resources
- Strong technology skills using 3rd party event management software
- Ability to lift and move heavy items as necessary to facilitate events
- Able and willing to work a flexible schedule that may include occasional evenings based on event requirements
- COVID-19 Vaccination
Let us know if you have:
- Fortune 500 experience
- Experience using Microsoft Dynamics, Zoom, or Cvent
- CMP or CMM certification
WHAT WE OFFER:
At BBB National Programs, we bring a growth mindset as we advance our mission and strive to foster trust, innovation, and competition in the marketplace. Cultivating a team of talented and engaged professionals who seek out new challenges and opportunities catalyze our progress. We are an inclusive organization, bringing a dynamic environment that supports our employees and the meaningful work we do.
Health & Welfare Benefits: You will be offered a comprehensive plan including health, dental and vision plans, paid short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Financial Well-Being: Build your retirement savings with our 401k plan matching up to 6% of your contributions.
Time Off: You will have the flexibility for the time you need off from work. We offer a variety of plans, including vacation, personal, and sick leave.
Wellness: We promote physical and mental wellness by providing a fully equipped on-site fitness center in our offices and an employee assistance program.
Environment: Our modern headquarters in McLean, VA provides the space for creativity and collaboration and the technology resources so you can be at your best. We believe that an inclusive mindset and diverse workforce are strengths in fulfilling our mission; therefore, we continuously work to engage and develop diverse and inclusive talent and leaders.
BBB National Programs is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer.
BBB National Programs Inc
Get fresh Marketing Program Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.