Deputy Director, Privacy Operations
- Expired: July 02, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
BBB National Programs is where businesses turn to enhance consumer trust and consumers are heard.
Deputy Director, Privacy Operations
Who We Are
We are a non-profit organization dedicated to fostering a more accountable and trustworthy marketplace. As the foremost thought leader on industry self-regulation, we are shaping the way that businesses and consumers interact with one another. We are the home to more than a dozen self-regulation programs that set high standards for businesses and provide third-party accountability and dispute resolution services that help ensure a fair marketplace for consumers. BBB National Programs has worked with industry leaders and government regulatory agencies since 1971 to establish the standards that guide best practices in advertising, privacy, children’s and teen’s marketing, consumer warranty issues, and dispute resolution.
About Our Global Privacy Division
Through our Global Privacy Division, businesses show their partners and customers that they put privacy first, no matter where they operate. Our programs serve as key elements of frameworks like the Cross-Border Privacy Rules and Privacy Shield , bridging gaps between divergent privacy and data protection regimes. By embracing our independent accountability mechanisms, participating businesses strengthen standards for data privacy and enhance consumer trust in the digital marketplace .
As the Deputy Director, Privacy Operations, you will assist the Director, Privacy Operations with daily program operations and provide day-to-day management and direction to other program employees, while assisting the privacy team in administering the organization’s privacy programs and implementing other related privacy initiatives. You will also provide operational support and advice to other programs within the organization. You will play an integral role in expanding BBB National Programs’ self-regulatory presence in the privacy arena, including the continued growth of the current programs and the development of future privacy programs and committees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build out program procedures and employee protocols
- Administer consumer complaint process in accordance with Procedure Rules and in consultation with Director
- Review contracts and agreements under the direction of the Director and an attorney
- Partner with IT team on projects in support of program operations, such as enhancement of participant database and consumer complaints database
- Assist participants in providing the documentation required for certification and with completing administrative requirements for approval
- Analyze and evaluate participant data against program criteria to assess business’ qualification for certification and make appropriate recommendations
- Assess internal organizational privacy risks, develop a compliance strategy for various international regulations, and assist in the creation of internal governance policies
- Engage and partner with government agencies to ensure the successful administration of the Privacy Shield Frameworks
- Develop BBB EUPS Program content, marketing collateral, and participant outreach materials in consultation with Director and as needed, with BBB National Programs MarCom Department
- Supervise members of the Privacy Initiatives team as assigned, including conducting periodic performance reviews
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent degree from four-year college or university
- 4+ years of related experience, or a combination of education and experience
- Self-starter with the ability to multi-task on several projects
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 suite
- Skilled at creating charts, graphs, and tables to synthesize and convey complicated information in a digestible way
- Attention to detail, organizational, and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Flexibility to travel as permitted (primarily limited to the contiguous United States)
- COVID-19 Vaccination
- Legal or technology and project management background
- Interest in data privacy and technology,
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) certification or interest in obtaining a qualification
- Experience in-house at a major corporation or law firm, Big 4 firm, or relevant government agency
At BBB National Programs, we bring a growth mindset as we advance our mission and strive to foster trust, innovation, and competition in the marketplace while cultivating a team of talented and engaged professionals who seek out new challenges and opportunities to catalyze our progress. We are an inclusive organization, bringing a dynamic environment that supports our employees and the meaningful work we do.
Health & Welfare Benefits : You will be offered a comprehensive plan offering health, dental and vision plans, paid short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Financial Well-Being : Build your retirement savings with our 401k plan matching up to 6% of your contributions.
Time Off : You will have the flexibility for the time you need off from work. We offer a variety of plans including vacation, personal, and sick leave.
Wellness : We promote physical and mental wellness by providing a fully equipped on-site fitness center in our offices and an employee assistance program.
Environment : Our modern headquarters in McLean, VA provides the space for creativity and collaboration, and the technology resources so you can be at your best.
This position will be based on-site at our headquarters office in McLean, VA.
BBB National Programs
ConstructionView all jobs at BBB National Programs