Regular or Temporary:Regular
Language Fluency: English (Required)
Work Shift:1st shift (United States of America)Please review the following job description:Partner with production team to assure quality service is delivered at a support level. Knowledgeable in coverages and manage the expectation of the client (both internal and external) and company underwriters. Maintain rapport with clients, company underwriters and develop/grow existing accounts. Work collegially as a supportive member of the production team for the benefit of the clients. Maintain rapport and open, effective communication.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Process new and renewal business changes, including updating and maintaining information using computer automation.
2. Address and resolve client questions and issues.
3. Receive phone calls and walk in clients.
4. Maintain customer files according to procedures.
5. Assist in preparation of new and renewal proposals; stewardship reports; service plans; comparisons, and demonstrates creativity in presentation style.
6. Invoice premiums and assist with follow-up on accounts receivables issues according to BB&T procedures.
7. Set up policy notebooks for delivery to client; assemble proposals and other presentations for client and prospect meetings.
8. Support service and production team in reaching overall agency revenue and retention goals.
9. Keep manuals and carrier information up-to-date and retain knowledge of carrier and industry updates.
10. Maintain renewal process and meet deadlines.
11. Maintain daily client processing functions such as endorsements, policies, audits, pending cancellations, ID cards.
12. Learn and master tools used for new client development and retention.
13. Assist with all aspects of marketing, as needed.
14. Take report and monitor claims (if applicable).
15. Contact clients for collection of premiums, as necessary, and as according to BB&T procedures.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Grade assignment based primarily upon the individual's minimal level of experience and production capacity to service a midsize book of business
2. High school diploma or equivalent
3. Must have state issued agent's license
4. Strong organizational skills
5. Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications such as Microsoft Office software products with emphasis in utilizing resources and software to generate reports and/or other requested information
6. Demonstrate strong organizational and project skills
7. Strong communication and interpersonal skills (written and verbal)
8. Act with responsiveness, urgency and professionalism in all matters
9. Prioritize work to achieve timely completion of the most critical and sensitive activities
10.Respond quickly to client requests and work to provide appropriate information
11.Accept accountability for the quality of work
12.Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
1.Knowledge of BB&T Insurance's automation system or ability to learn quickly
2.Familiar with BB&T resources and other departments within the organization
3.Desire to pursue an insurance designation
BB&T is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants regardless of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law.
EEO is the Law Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision E-Verify