- This position requires a mid-level professional with 5 to 8 years of experience in multi-media environmental compliance for industrial and/or federal facilities. ·
- The position requires specific knowledge of Federal and State EPA regulations and an understanding of compliance with Federal, State, and local environmental regulations including the Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) and Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA), Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act (EPCRA), Superfund Amendments and Reauthorization Act of 1986 (SARA), and National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES). ·
- The compliance specialist must also have a bachelor’s degree in environmental science or engineering·
- Microsoft office suite knowledge·
- Effective oral and written communication skills ·
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to communicate with clients at all levels within an organization.
- The compliance specialist will be for assisting industrial and/or federal clients with: Maintaining compliance with environmental regulations through compliance auditing and compliance calendars.·
- Assisting with air, water, and waste permitting and maintaining awareness of the compliance status for all environmental permits.·
- Overseeing regulatory and other external reporting requirements and ensure reports are completed in a timely and accurate manner, e.g. Tier II, Toxic Release Inventory (TRI), biennial hazardous waste reports, discharge monitoring reports, air reports, etc.· Developing plans, including SPCC plans, SWPPPs, hazardous waste contingency plans, waste management plans, etc.· Waste characterization and disposal.·
- Delivering environmental training to industrial and/or federal clients.
- Other environmental compliance activities such as environmental health and safety compliance and experience working in the field.