Environmental Scientist or Engineer – JB Andrews, MD
BB&E is seeking a Mid-Level Environmental Scientist or Engineer with environmental restoration and remediation experience to support the ERP at JB Andrews, MD.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide technical review of contractor-generated technical documents.
- Track project schedules and funds.
- Environmental project programming.
- Provide project oversight.
- Assist with managing remediation projects.
- Prior experience and working knowledge of Field Environmental Statutes and State-Specific Regulations such as each State Environmental Protection Act and the State Administrative Code, Local Regulations and Statutes, as well as Air Force and/or DoD Environmental Regulations and documentations.
- Previous experience providing technical review of contractor-generated technical documents.
- Prior knowledge and experience with environmental project programming.
- Prior experience in providing project oversight.
- Ability to manage remediation and restoration projects.
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in sciences, engineering or other related area.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Candidates shall have worked as an environmental professional for at least 3 years. Knowledge of the Air Force Environmental Restoration Program and remediation activities is a plus.
- Candidates shall have a thorough knowledge of CERCLA and RCRA including the skills and experience to oversee environmental field work and review reports generated by other contractors.
- Shall also possess a working knowledge of other Federal environmental statutes and State-specific regulations such as each State Environmental Protection Act and the State Administrative Code, local regulations and statutes, as well as AF and/or DoD environmental regulations and documentation.
- Duties may also include review of contractor-generated technical documents, field oversight of contractor activities, tracking of schedules and funds, records management of environmental program documents, and environmental project programming.
- 40-hour HAZWOPER certification is a plus.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and proficiency with MS Office applications (Word and Excel) is required.
- Ability to successfully pass a federal agency background check is required.
- Individuals already possessing an adjudicated National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) are preferred as well as prior Air Force experience.
- Motivated self-starters requested.
- Sit for long periods of time.
- See details of objects that are less than a few feet away.
- Speak clearly so listeners can understand.
- Understand the speech of another person.
- See details of objects that are more than a few feet away.
- May also be required to stand, walk, and sit; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects or controls; reach with hands and arms. Regularly required to stoop, kneel, bend, crouch, and lift over 25 pounds.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
BB&E is a civil, environmental, and energy engineering and consulting company, headquartered in Northville, Michigan, which services both the Federal and Industrial sectors throughout the United States. BB&E team members specialize in civil and environmental engineers and professionals providing Environmental consulting, Facilities Engineering, and Program/Project Management Services to Federal and private sectors. BB&E is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). Please submit your resume/qualifications and salary requirements. All offers of employment at BB&E, Inc. are contingent upon a thorough background check conducted on all final candidates, as deemed necessary and per State and Federal laws.
- BB&E offers a full and competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401(k).
- Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled.
BB&E Inc20762, MD
Energy and Environment
Get fresh ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENTIST/ENGINEER/GEOLOGIST jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.